Sr Civil Engineer - $80000 - $120000 / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Salary:||$80000 - $120000 per annum|
Senior Civil Engineer
My client is a leading renewables contractor that operates in utility solar, wind and Transmissions & distributions. My Client is currently looking for a senior civil engineer that has extensive experience working for an EPC Contractor.
Position Summary: A highly motivated individual who coordinates and manages engineering firms, supports procurement efforts, serves as a proponent for project-level needs, performs and issues calculations, plans and specifications to ensure the company achieves safe and high quality designs at the lowest Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE). Provides mentorship for procurement, project, and technical personnel.
Essential Job Functions
- Safety: The Civil Engineer (CE) is responsible for establishing safe designs that adhere to company, state and federal safety regulations.
- Quality: The CE is responsible for perpetuating designs that satisfy the design life of the power plant, by establishing compliance with applicable local, state, and international building codes and company best practices. The CE must have a working knowledge of customary building codes and be able to apply that knowledge into a coherent logic toward basis of designs.
- Cost-Effective: The CE is responsible for striving for designs that are safe, of high quality, and provide the most economical means to satisfy the design life of the power plant. The CE will collaborate across company departments, with outside vendors, suppliers, and technical firms to explore innovative ideas, methods, materials, equipment, software, and technologies that promote safety, save cost, increase efficiencies, and provide strategic benefits.
- Conduct, Leadership & Followership: The CE will be a team-oriented professional in every aspect that adheres to the company's cultural basics and the National Society of Professional Engineer's code of conduct. The CE must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with multiple levels of technical and non-technical personnel. The CE will conduct him/herself in a professional manner and be both an effective leader and follower across multiple levels of personnel, supplier, and client interaction.
- Problem Solving: The CE will be an efficient problem solver by applying factual evidence and sustainable solutions that are safe, transparent and documentable.
- Technical: The CE must have capacity to quickly learn new software as a means to efficient problem solving.
- Multi-Dimensional: the CE shall have a working knowledge of multiple levels of technical and non-technical fields:
Technical: structural steel, wood, crane rigging, reinforced concrete, foundations, soil and ambient corrosion, hydrology, hydraulics, geotechnical, surveying, ALTA/ACSM surveys, grading, laser scanning, GPS and total station use and trouble shooting, GPR studies, 3D surface modeling, SWPPP controls and processes; code knowledge: ACI 318, ACI 360, ASCE 7, IBC, AISC 14th Edition, AISC 360, OSHA 1926 provisions; apply knowledge of ASTM testing methods: Proctor (Standard and Modified), LA Abrasion, concrete mix design, batching, sampling and testing, and bolt tensioning.
Non-technical: engage in practices of cost, material and production estimating, review and manage engineering pay applications, lead and coordinate constructability solutions.
- Solution-based: the CE will be a solution-focused team member who perpetuates the company toward its strategic goals.
Additional Job Functions
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Attends job/career fairs to support the hiring of new employees.
- Identify opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste in order to improve efficiency.
- Travels for procurement and project-based purposes. Position is estimated to require travel up to 20% of time.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR)
- Effective Communication Skills - ability to connect with people with diverse skills and needs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Project)
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, planning and prioritization skills
- May be required to become a qualified individual in pursuit of company national licensing goals
My client can off a competitive compensation package including salary, bi-weekly per diem, 401k and family health care.
If you are the right fit for this vacancy please contact me by sending an up to date copy of your resume. Please also include your Availability, Salary & Package Expectations and current situation