Permit Issuer / Canada
The client is pleased to offer the following opportunity of Permit Issuer located in Muskrat Falls NL.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 year, chance of renewal
The duties and job functions of the LCP Permit Issuer shall include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist the PTW Coordinator in carrying out his/her duties;
• Review Permits to Work with the Permit Receiver;
• Review Permit applications for completeness and accuracy;
• Confirm that Special Permits include all required supporting documents;
• Issue Work Permits to the Contractor;
• Provide assessments of approved Permits to confirm that Permit Receivers are operating within their permitted
area and work scope;
• Review Validation and Transfer Certificates for compliance with PTW Procedures;
• Consult with LCP Isolation Authority and HSSER Department as required to resolve technical issues that may arise;
• Perform Permit Office data entry requirements;
• Provide a communications link between the Permit Office and Contractor field personnel.
• Appropriate mechanical, electrical trade certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in related field
• Experience working in energized installations.
• Familiarization with Permit-to-Work systems for energized installations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and in maintaining systems and databases utilized for tracking purposes
• Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulatory Requirements and Construction Industry Best Practices considered an
• Knowledge in the requirements of CSA-Z462 workplace electrical safety
JOB REQUIREMENTS, WORKING CONDITIONS, ETC.:
• Safety oriented.
• Demonstrated willingness to adhere to the Nalcor's vision and core values.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and communicate with other team members.
• Must possess project management skills combined with sound judgment and decision making skills
• Must be able to work effectively as a key member of the Project Delivery Team within a multi-functional team
environment (matrix style organization structure).
• Proven interpersonal, communications, leadership and team skills.
• Must be self-motivated with demonstrated sound judgment and decision making skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to plan work well, and to be well-organized.
• Demonstrate a willingness to adhere to Nalcor Energy's vision and values.
• Solution oriented and demonstrated creative thinking.
• Must be able to work in a collaborative/supportive manner with stakeholders.
• Must be able to work a site based rotational work schedule
Closing Date: 2020-02-04