Contract: Senior Structural Engineer (Main Steel) OW / Norway
The client is pleased to offer the following key contract position: Senior Structural Engineer (Main Steel) OW
Work Location: Haugesund
Start date: Jan 2020
Planned End Date: June 2020
Applications will be processed and continuously evaluated!
- Be a team member of the structural discipline, main steel group.
- Perform structural design development and analyses for main- and temporary steel
- Perform structural analyses by use of Sesam and hand calculations
- Engineering draft check. Write structural design reports. Interface towards other disciplines.
- Fabrication follow-up.
- Bachelor, Master or equivalent education.
Required Work Experience:
- The candidate must have experience from large Norwegian EPC offshore new build topside projects. Extended knowledge to offshore topside project with respect to both the project execution method and the fabrication-, transportation and installation method of the topside structure.
- Experience from main and temporary structural design of topside steel from in detail engineering, and be able to carry through the design and documentation.
- Experience from structural design according to DNVGL rules and Eurocode.
- Extended knowledge to SESAM/Genie software packages.
- The candidate must have minimum 5 years’ experience from NCS offshore projects within main steel structures.
- The candidate must:
- Have good communication skills
- Multidiscipline understanding
- Have a cooperative working attitude
- Ability to work independently and through teamwork
- Be systematic, accurate and independent
- Have a high loyalty to deadline and quality requirements
- Be proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
- Communicate well in English - both oral and in writing.