Contract: NDT Specialist / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Fantastic TAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced NDT Specialist to be based in Qatar by a leader in the oil and gas industry.
- Review, surveillance inspection, monitoring of manufacture, installation, and welding of: line pipe, induction bends, forgings and components.
- Verifying assurance with the Technical Requirement and Project Specifications.
- Advise contractor and company of any non- conformance to the technical requirement and project specifications.
- Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards.
- The scope will require extensive travel to supplier/manufacturer and contractor facilities, wherever the contracts are awarded.
- ASNT, PCN or CWIP NDT Level 3 (UT, RT, MT, PT, VT) relevant applications.
- Radiographic Interpreter (dense metal welds).
- Degree in engineering, materials science or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred). Professional Engineer (C.Eng. or equivalent).
- Certified Quality or special process Auditor.
- Health and Safety certification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
- 10+ years’ relevant experience as an NDT specialist, relevant to line pipe, forgings, induction bends, onshore and offshore pipeline girth welds.
- Knowledge of visual inspection, dimensional inspection, mechanical testing, weld procedure qualification.
- Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behaviour Safety System, JSA's, act) and have competence in safety procedures.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in auditing quality control systems in pipe mills, fabrication shops and yards, onshore and offshore facilities.
- Have detailed knowledge and understanding of industrial codes and standards (AWS, ASTM, ASME, API, ISO, NEC, NACE etc.) and specifications.
- Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate/perform/lead quality audits.
- Significant experience in working with FEED/EPC contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers (e.g. HDD).
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other relevant applications. Excellent communication/written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
- High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, installation, pre- commissioning and commissioning of onshore pipelines and facilities.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020