Contract: Facility Inspector / Trinidad and Tobago
|Location:||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Duration:||Contract - 1 month|
As the Civil / Facilities Inspector for this growing, dynamic Company, your primary objective is to:
* Provide technical support and guidance to and on behalf of the Company relating to site completed and ongoing civil and plant facilities works for the TMD project. Responsibilities include conducting site inspections, review and endorsement of the civil and building handover records, close out of punch items supervision of ongoing works and vendor management.
* Provide support to Facilities Coordinator in the conduct various function within the Facilities Department.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES /KEY FUNCTIONS:
* Assist with the development of Scope of Works (SOW) for in-house facilities and civil projects and oversee the initiation, execution and close out of related works.
* Supervise and inspect vendors and site activities, related to the company facilities.
* Provide support as required to the Facilities Coordinator.
* Ensure construction and sub-contractor activities comply with all aspects of established statutory, quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) policies, regulations, permit to work procedures and client requirements for the site.
* Liaise with HSSE representatives (internal & external) to ensure inherent compliance of project activities documentation with clients safety standards.
* Identify and report on any non-conformances (product / services / workmanship) together with the implementation of corrective action in response to identified non-conformances through QA/QC audits to the satisfaction and acceptance of client.
* Coordinate the preparation, tracking and close-out of site queries, punch list and outstanding items for the work.
* Execute and verify field quality assurance and quality control by ensuring quality issues/problems with the engineering design and construction phase are identified, recorded, reported and promptly rectified.
* Inspect field works and attest Inspection Test Plans (ITP's) with vendors and various sub-contractor personnel for company project.
* Review inspection reports for compliance, with reference to applicable codes laws / regulation and site industry standards / procedures.
* Review and ensure the compliance and acceptance of Turnover Dossiers for internal pant, civil and building works for the project.
* Ensure the Company's satisfaction and acceptance before, during and upon completion of all major site works.
* Comply with all Policies and Procedures of client.
* Perform all other related job functions as required.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
* Certification in Construction, Civil or Industrial Engineering from a recognized institution.
* A minimum of five (5) years' recent experience in a similar role or with similar works responsibilities.
* Technical training and certification in Quality based on ISO 9001 or equivalent, e.g. CQE, CRE, CMQ/OE would be an asset.
* An acceptable combination of academic qualifications and work experience may be considered in lieu of the minimum requirements
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
* Can demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of recognized testing, civil, structural and building codes such as ASTM, ACI, AASHTO IBC, ACI, ASHRAE, ASCE and other similar codes as applicable to the outlined role.
* Possesses working knowledge of reinforced concrete, structural steel, buildings and commissioning related works.
* Ability to synthesize complex and diverse information and to works effectively, safely and prioritize in a fast- paced works environment.
* Maintains a high level of confidentiality for sensitive project information, possesses good communication skills, tactful and effective in collating and reporting information.
* Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and material in a compliant manner.
* Possesses a key balance of leadership, accountability and teamwork skills.
* Excellent computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office and AUTOCAD.
* Leads by example to achieve goals and targets.
* Displays passion and accountability for all actions.
* Ability to make decisions in a timely manner and exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
* Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
* Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
* Work effectively within a department with multifunctional responsibilities.
* Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
* Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner and accepts feedback.
* Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
Please note the list of duties is not exhaustive in any way and may be changed at any time during the contract of employment