Transmission Line Project Manager / TexasClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Manage construction projects that consist of 69kV to 765kV electrical substations and transmission lines.
Responsibilities as a Construction Manager will include participating in project meetings with design engineers, utility operations personnel, the Project Manager, and other team personnel
The scope of projects varies, and can include transmission line projects, substation additions, and green field substation construction projects ranging in size from small to large with varying complexity
Additional responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
* Creating a step by step plan that includes drawings, schedule, and other documents.
* Ensuring designs produced by design engineers are constructible.
* Communicating daily with project manager about project status, and issues that impact scope, schedule, quality, and cost.
* Attending project meetings. These meetings may be at the project site or utility offices. Plan to travel one week per month.
* Maintaining good communication and relationships with Owners, engineers and contractors.
* Providing professional customer service and timely response to inquiries.
* Tracking project changes for scope and cost; creating Requests For Information (RFI's).
* Maintaining records of past and present projects to facilitate lessons learned.
* Working with management to maintain contractor relationships for future projects.
In order to qualify, it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management, or equivalent heavy industrial/utility construction/power industry work experience.
* 5 or more years of experience in the Power Industry. This experience must include at least 3 years working on construction projects.
Ability to read contract documents and ensure projects are meeting contractual requirements.
Ability to work remotely on project sites that require travel and extended hours.