Contract: Cost / Schedule / Controls Engineer / Specialist / TexasClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Midland County, Texas|
|Duration:||Contract - 8 months|
Contract: 8 months
Location: Midland, TX (relocation is not provided by client)
Specific Job Requirements/Skills Primary office location is Midland Texas. Local travel by car within the Permian basin (New Mexico & Texas) to various field sites required.
- The Cost/Schedule/Controls Engineer will perform or coordinate effort for cost estimate preparation, estimating oversight and quality assurance reviews for Company operated and Other Builder Operator estimates for all Gate and Funding milestones.
- The Cost/Schedule/Controls Engineer will also prepare Check Estimates and Schedules to compare with Operated by Others (OBO) Operator-prepared submittals. Also this person will participate in estimate / Schedule assessments (verification of project cost & schedule bases).
- Lastly, they are expected to participate in Estimating Group process efficiency tools and quality assurance review process improvements.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In addition to Leve1 tasks, a Level 2 would: Assist in Setting up the baseline cost control system (internal and external) and documentation for the project
- Prepare forecasts, cost trend reports, and monitor cost and budget forecasts on multiple projects on the same work site - Report on deviations, underruns and overruns, and can make recommendations for corrective actions
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor"s degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years" of experience working on projects - Skills to negotiate and broker successful solutions between Internal Coordination parties above - Basic to advance level proficiency in Cost Estimating, Project Planning and Project Controls
- Strong Influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities - Strong interpersonal and communication skills - Ability to organize, plan, control, coordinate, and effectively manage cross-functional activities