Contract: NDT Specialist / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
Responsible as Lead NDT and Inspection Specialist for:
* Review, surveillance inspection, monitoring of manufacture, installation, and welding of:
* line pipe, induction bends, forgings and components.
* Verifying assurance with the Technical Requirement and Project Specifications.
* Advise contractor and company of any non-conformance to the technical requirement and project specifications.
* Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards.
* The scope will require extensive travel to supplier/manufacturer and contractor facilities, wherever the contracts are awarded.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Provide advice and support to the TMCP line pipe team leader.
* Review supplier, manufacture and contractor NDT systems and procedures for the NFE & NFPS pipeline scope and monitor supplier/contractor inspection and test activities in accordance with the approved Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP), quality procedures etc. Assist review of EPCM's quality plan, (ITP) and quality procedures and all relevant QA/QC documentation prior to the start of any coating of fabrication/construction work and of note review all reports and radiographs.
* Manage verification of NDT performed on line pipe, induction bends, forgings and components and installation welding.
* Review and approve third-party NDT Inspectors for line pipe mills.
* Promote quality awareness, emphasizing excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of company business and conduct quality surveillance at suppliers/contactors to promote company/Project quality culture.
* Ensure suppliers/contractors use relevant, up-to-date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
* Advise the Company Engineer of any non-conformances by the contractor.
* Interface with the discipline engineers, construction engineers, and inspectors in a professional manner.
* Support the Company personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his/her skills.
* Comply with Company HSSE standards and reinforce the Company HSSE requirements to the suppliers/contractor. Actively participate in company safety meeting and walk-down program.
* Provide a weekly report on activities and supplier/contractor performance.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
* ASNT, PCN or CSWIP NDT Level 3 (UT, RT, MT, PT, VT) relevant applications. Radiographic Interpreter (dense metal welds). Degree in engineering, materials science or equivalent (Master's degree preferred). Professional Engineer (C.Eng. or equivalent). Certified Quality or special process Auditor. Health and Safety certification (IOSH or NEBOSH).
Knowledge and/or Experience
* 10+ years' relevant experience as an NDT specialist, relevant to line pipe, forgings, induction bends, onshore and offshore pipeline girth welds.
* Knowledge of visual inspection, dimensional inspection, mechanical testing, weld procedure qualification.
* Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behaviour Safety System, JSA's, act) and have competence in safety procedures.
* Detailed knowledge and experience in auditing quality control systems in pipe mills, fabrication shops and yards, onshore and offshore facilities.
* Have detailed knowledge and understanding of industrial codes and standards (AWS, ASTM, ASME, API, ISO, NEC, NACE etc.) and specifications.
* Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate/perform/lead quality audits.
* Significant experience in working with FEED/EPC contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers (e.g. HDD).
Technical and Business Skills * A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
* Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other relevant applications. Excellent communication/written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
* High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, installation, pre- commissioning and commissioning of onshore pipelines and facilities.
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.