Contract: Coating Specialist / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
This position is for overall coordination and overview of the coating requirements for NFE & NFPS Pipeline Projects components onshore and offshore.
* Responsible for reviewing and assisting in the approval of:
* Coating mills,
* Coating procedures,
* Inspection/monitoring of fabrication of:
* Line pipe manufacture
* Process piping
* Onshore line pipe
* Offshore pipeline installation
* Verification of assurance with the technical requirement and project specifications.
* Advise Contractor and Company of any non-conformance to the technical requirement and project specifications.
* Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and to the required quality standards.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Review, audit and recommend for approval of Coating mills for the NFE & NFPS pipeline project scopes.
* Review and approve coating contractor procedures.
* Assist in the review of contractor's Quality Plan, Inspection & Test Plan (ITP) and Quality Procedures and all relevant QA/QC documentation prior to the start of any coating of fabrication or construction work and ensure implementation of the same ,of note, the material receiving Inspection at construction site to identify damage or deficiency with Contractors.
* Review and approve potential third party Inspectors for coating mills and manage inspectors day to day at coating facilities
* Promote quality awareness, emphasising excellence, continuous improvement and corrective action to influence the overall success of the NFE and NFPS projects.
* Verify the implementation of PTW (permit to work) LOTO (lock-out and tag-out) and all other relevant safety procedures and actively participate company Safety meeting and walk-down program.
* Conduct quality surveillance at suppliers / contractor's to promote company and project quality culture.
* Ensure suppliers and contractors use relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
* Ensure contractor inspection complies with the approved contractor procedures e.g. NDT, visual, dimensional etc.
* Advise the company engineer of any non- conformances by the contractor and interfaces with the discipline engineers, construction engineers, and inspectors in a professional manner.
* Support the Company personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his/her skills.
* Provide a weekly report on activities and contractor performance.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
* Certified Level 3 Coating Inspector Frosio or NACE Level 3 (alternative equivalents will be considered). Tertiary qualification in a related discipline preferred e.g. mechanical or materials.
Knowledge and/or Experience
* 10+ years experience relevant experience as a coating specialist / Senior Coating Inspector for offshore and onshore and offshore piplines.
* Certification in Coating Inspection.
* Detailed knowledge of coating systems e.g. FBE , 3LPP and field joint coating .
* Able to perform, comply, audit and make assessments of Safety Management System (Advance Safety Auditing, Behaviour Safety System, JSA's, act) coating mills and facilities. and have competency in safety procedures and have detailed knowledge of industrial codes and standards (AWS, ASTM, ASME, API, ISO, NEC, NACE etc.)
* Have knowledge of ISO and (or) API Q1 quality audit program and able to participate / perform/lead Quality Audit
* Significant experience in working with FEED/EPC Contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers.
* Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
Technical and Business Skills * A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
* Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other relevant applications. Excellent communication / written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
* High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of onshore pipelines and facilities.
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.