Contract: Senior Package Engineer / Qatar
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
* Leads technical and execution activities for Packaged equipment to ensure technical and quality objectives are met within the approved scope and schedule. Drives contractor to deliver quality packages in a timely manner to achieve project milestones. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
* Regular interface and collaboration with Head Electrical, Process, Main I&C, Machinery, Piping and Civil/Structural Engineers, Head Loss Prevention, Operations Advisor, Engineering Advisors and Facility Engineer in NFE Onshore organisation.
* Frequent contact with Operations, SEQ, and Engineering departments.
* Continuous interaction with EPC Contractor, associated vendors and engineering subcontractors.
* Occasional engagement with shareholder representatives.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
* Manages large number of equipment packages such as large Packaged Boilers, Flares, Furnaces, HRSG, Air Cooled Steam Condenser (ACC), Water Treatment Packages, Instrument Air, Air Dryer, Nitrogen, Desalination, Incinerators, Cooling Tower, Waste Cooling Tower Blowdown Water (CTBD) Treatment, Wastewater Recovery / Recycle (WRR) and Combined CTBD / WRR Reverse Osmosis (RO) Package. Significant technical and execution coordination with multiple engineering disciplines to ensure quality and prompt delivery of packaged equipment.
Generic Accountabilities - All Employees
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
1. Provides Mechanical Package engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise in accordance with project deliverables and approved execution schedule.
2. Directs the preparation and stewardship of equipment packages scope of work in EPC contract, advises and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule.
3. Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering disciplines and alignment with the Engineering Manager on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
4. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Project Management System (PMS).
5. Manages EPC Contractor's Package engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
6. Assesses and validates EPC Contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
7. Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all fabrication and construction contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
8. Responsible for the technical coordination and schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
Qualifications * Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
Knowledge and/or Experience
* Minimum of ten (10) years broad experience in all project phases i.e. engineering, procurement, and construction, with at least five (5) years specific involvement in major Oil and Gas process facilities, preferably LNG design engineering and execution through handover to Owner.
* Requires demonstrated broad Packaged equipment experience (machinery, vessels, heat exchangers, packaged, utility and fired equipment) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes such as ASME Sec VIII Div 1 &2, ASME Sec I, TEMA, API 650, API 560, API 530, API 537, NFPA, NACE, ASTM, API 534 etc.)
* Demonstrated project engineering/reporting skills are of important in this position.
* Experience with EPC Contractors, vendors and sub-vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of onshore facilities.
Technical and Business Skills * Excellent written and oral English skills.
* Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
* Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
* Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.