Contract: Coiled Tubing Well Services Superintendent / Iraq
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months renewable|
Job Title Coiled Tubing Well Services Superintendent
Job category Drilling and Completions (Wells)
Sub-section: Non-rig intervention
Role Synopsis The Well Services Superintendent reports to the Well Services Manager. The position is responsible for the integration of good oil field practices through mentoring of well site leaders and management of service contractors (Specifically Coiled Tubing and Pumping). This approach incorporates both theoretical and practical onsite and office-based work. Non- rig engineering program preparation support, review, well site over view of both well site leaders and service providers with engineering execution and post work reporting of non-rig operations. The position is responsible for helping to implement engineering standardization, quality, well integrity, and bench marking through implementation of field audits and verification of service providers. The position is required to interact with other departments including Operations, HSE, workover / drilling and the sub-surface team.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
Active leadership in the mentoring of well site leaders.
Monitor service providers through audit, verification and inspection to promote good HSE & oil field practices
QA/QC engineering programs for field-based operations & specialized well intervention
Manage specific coiled tubing and pumping contracts including but not limited to generating the full contract package, technical evaluation and subsequent contract kick off/implementation
Conduct regular post job meetings and develop after action review/lessons learned to enable continuous improvements
Criteria & Qualifications Varied completions and non-rig engineering and operational experience on land well sites.
5+ years' experience in a Wells Engineering role
10+ years operational experience in CT/Pumping
Proficient in safe working practices, good oil field practices including common oilfield terms and acronyms.
Educated to degree level in an engineering or related discipline.
-Ability to lead a field well intervention operation through theoretical and practical approaches
Ability to understand, develop and sensitize differing cultures
IWCF/IADC Intervention well control certificate - valid
Other associated responsibilities include:
* Lead by example with a strong commitment to HSSE
* Ensure all pre-job technical calculations are performed, including fractures pressures, over balance, under balance, correct specification of equipment and services and kill fluid requirements, etc.
* Work with logistics and materials team and contractors to ensure effective call- off for all jobs
* Participate in pre-job meetings with service companies
* Effectively apply and promote safety standards at the work site
* Conduct safety and technical audits at the worksite and at contractor facilities
* Prepare post-job reports and other technical reports as required
* Conduct post-job reviews with service companies to define performance improvements
* Assist with the preparation of equipment, materials and personnel required for upcoming jobs (2-week minimum look-ahead) to ensure there will be no delays to job start up, or execution
* Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus any optimization opportunities
* Document any HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environmental) incident that may occur. As required, lead initial data gathering and initial investigations
* Contribute to the maintenance of office well files
* Participate in quarterly performance reviews.