Contract: Construction Supervisor (Civil & Structural) / Qatar
|Duration:||Contract - 2 years|
The purpose of the Construction Supervisor - Civil & Structural is to supervise and oversee all Construction activities concerning Civil and Structural in accordance to the established CAT III Project(s) Processes, Specification, and AFC Drawings. The Construction Supervisor - Civil & Structural is responsible in supervising the execution of all CAT III Project(s) Civil and Structural Construction activities safely, with the required quality, and per schedule.
The role directly reports to the Head of CAT III Construction, and works closely with the assigned Construction Lead. The role works in the Pool Matrix of the CAT III Construction Section.
The role is applicable to Brownfield and Greenfield CAT III Projects, and in normal plant operating conditions as well as shutdowns.
The role provides company representation in monitoring and coordinating the site and safety activities of Contractor and its Sub- contractors.
The role reports on the Construction activities, progress, and areas of concern and mitigating actions.
The role prepares for and participate in CAT III Project(s) Weekly Construction Meetings.
Main Duties / Accountabilities:
* Familiar with the Health, Safety and Environment requirements and ensure that they are adhered to during Construction activities.
* Ensure Safety compliance at Site and participated in Safety IIF Program.
* Engage Contractors, Sub- contractors, and applicable Third Parties with a professional approach and maintain a good working level relationship.
* Engage, support, and monitor Contractor and Sub-contractors in the implementation of the Site specific SHE Program, Emergency Response, and Evacuation Drill Programs. Participate in Incident / Accident Investigation and prevention of recurrence.
* Fully conversant with CAT III Project(s) discipline specific, facility related technical specification requirements.
* Interface and coordinate with the CAT III Project's Engineering and QA/QC Teams.
* Ensure that the latest revision of CAT III Project(s) Construction documentation are available before commencement of the related Construction activity.
* Coordinate Contractor's Construction activities, and interface coordination with the activities of Third Parties. Coordinate Contractors construction activities with Operations to avoid interference with existing Onshore and Offshore facilities.
* Ensure that construction activities are carried out in accordance with rules, regulations, procedures and Permit to Work (PTW).
* Ensure that Construction activities are carried out in accordance with QP-RLC rules regulations, procedures and the Consolidated Permit to Work System in areas under QP-RLC jurisdiction.
* Review the Construction sequence / logic, Construction Method Statements / Procedures, and Pre-task Planning to ensure comprehensive feasibility and safety. And insure that they are implemented at Site.
* Continuously monitor construction activities in progress at Site and at critical activities locations against the applicable and CAT III Project(s) technical specifications.
* Review activities and inspection results (reports / tests) to ensure compliance with Contract requirements before proceeding with succeeding construction activities.
Minimum Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Bachelor of Science in Civil / Structural Engineering.
* Thorough Knowledge of ACI, ASTM, BSI, AASHTO, Qatar Construction Specifications (QCS).
* Minimum of (10) years broad experience in all phases of construction planning, field execution and mechanical completion activities in Electrical and Instrument discipline for EPC type Oil and Gas Projects.
* Worldwide experience working in Brownfield and Greenfield Projects with Contractors and subcontractors, in particular those involved in the construction of Onshore and Offshore (when required), Plant Shutdowns, Oil & Gas, Chemical and / or Petrochemical Plant Facilities. In addition to extensive experience in Structural Concrete, Structural Steel, Earthworks and Building Construction and Finishing Works.
* Good leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member under project schedule pressures.
* Self-motivated and proactive in communication, taking action, and efficiently driving construction activities.
* Knowledge of cryogenic service applications.
* Fluent in both spoken and written English.
* Possess good IT skills, and be able to use basic software such as Excel, Word…etc.
* Good Supervisory and Site Control skills.
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.