Marine Logistics Deputy Manager / Thailand
|Duration:||Permanent - 1 month|
* Defining the marine strategy in support of the organisation needs and ensuring it is implemented throughout the pursuit process, from initial identification, pre-qualification, preparation of SOW, technical evaluation and operation.
* Ability to work closely and knowledgably with Legal, Commercial and Operations with full understanding of contractual language.
* Translating organisation needs into the best marine method of transportation ensuring compliance with Client, Thailand and international rules and regulations.
* Managing owned and Subcontractor marine mean(s) ensuring compliance with Class and Flag State requirements
* Managing marine subcontractors effective with established policies, procedures, system and requirements as defined by the project, and in accordance with contract's T&Cs and schedule ensuring proposed means and/solutions meet expectation.
* Implementing the established policies and procedures, establishing new ones where necessary
* Being the Client's first point of contact for the marine activities fostering and maintaining client relationship and satisfaction.
* Performing internal and external audit for the marine spread deployed to the project, ensuring timely and effectively close out of any non-conformity
* Preparing method statements in support of the required operations supported by sound risk assessment
* Preparing and disseminate daily, weekly and monthly report for all the marine activities on the project
* Liaise with various statutory authorities, Client Marine department and Marine Warranty Surveyor for project operations.
* Attend vessel and cargo inspections, barge/tug/ vessel berthing/unberthing, sailaway and module movement associated marine operations
* Prepare vessels with grillage, seafastening and towing furniture for marine operations.
* Manage the heavy lift operation with its associated logistical support.
* Advice and coordinate with management and staff within the company to facilitate all projects/proposals and the business development initiatives commencing from the bid stage onwards and monitor projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, productivity improvements and manpower planning to ensure timely completion of project schedules.
* Monitor and co-ordinate with various freight forwarders, third party agencies, ports, customs, subcontractors, handling agencies etc. to accelerate shipments and clearances.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Master Mariner with good analytical and technical skills with a minimum of 20 years' experience in Oil & Gas and logistics industry
* Minimum 5 years' experience in Modularisation projects in Oil & Gas industry, Marine movements and ODC/Heavy lift Cargo movements, preferably with an EPC contractor