Contract: Engineer - Mechanical - Senior / Norway
The client is pleased to offer the following key contract position: Engineer - Mechanical - Senior
Work Location: Fornebu
Start date: 31.01.2020 - 30.01.2021
Please be aware that the closing date is our closing date for submitting the bid to the customer. Your application must be sent to us in due time
FUNCTION DIMENSION RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Engineer shall on own initiative:
•Take personal responsibility for HSE by focusing on own behaviour.
•Ensure that own work follows Company requirements for HSEQ.Contribute to continuous improvement of quality and safety of our products and deliveries
Tasks and Responsibilities (not exhaustive):
•Comply with engineering Role Descriptions, tools and procedures required for the Execution of •Projects, including Concept and Tenders.
• Actively contribute to the implementation and development of the overall Engineering strategy and execution plans.
•Ensure required personal OS-PEM knowledge and participate in OS-PEM introduction/training as required.
•Responsible for the successful completion of assigned engineering tasks •Preparation of engineering deliverables within the given estimated hours in all phases of a project.
• Ensure co-ordinated design, including interface with other internal disciplines, to ensure complete engineering deliverables.
• Co-operation with Supply Management for Package Engineering, including quality surveillance /supplier follow-up and mechanical completion activities.
• Engineering decisions shall not be taken outside Employees mandate as given by Superior.
• Actively work closely within the Engineering disciplines and with other disciplines to reach the common and shared goals for the Company.
• Actively share knowledge and contribute to technical collaboration.
• Actively work for an efficient functional integration and cooperation with other disciplines in project execution to secure that chosen design solutions are in accordance with agreement/ common understanding across disciplines in assigned activities.
Reporting and Communication
•Report to the Team Manager any deviations and improvement areas within the OS-PEM and working methods as applicable for the Engineering discipline.
•Report any non-compliance with HSEQ requirements to the Team Manager.
•Report and communicate according to Project stipulated routines.
•Ensure Team Manager is informed about absence and leaves.
*When mobilized as Package Responsible Engineer (PRE), in addition:
•Work in a project package delivery team consisting of PRE (this position) PRB (Package Responsible Buyer) and PQM (Project QA/QC Manager).Reporting in project to P.E.M. (Project Engineering Manager) or PM (Project Manager).
•Provide technical documentation according to project requirements, such as Technical Requisition, Specification and Datasheet for Inquiry and Purchase Order.
• Provide technical input to Procurement Strategy.
• Conduct technical Pre-Order Activities such as technical clarification meetings prior to CA and clarifications. Participate and prepare input to the technical part of Bid Clarification meetings with suppliers.
• Define the package document scope and schedule in the SDL • Provide technical input to PQM for supplier’s ITP • Participate in kick off meetings and Pre-Inspection Meetings • Participate in package specific tests and inspections as agreed with PQM.
• Review/comment and approve supplier documents as required per the SD(R)L.
• Proactively work with document control to ensure documentation is timely issued and distributed.
Notify P.E.M. of any potential changes or deviations to the package scope.
• Participate in evaluation and technical close-out of PO’s in SQiS in co-operation with PRB.
• Execute work in accordance with project execution Model.
• Have sound understanding of Client Contract, with technical requirements and specifications for the assigned procurement packages in specific, and highlight any ambiguities, unfeasible, or otherwise unclear information.
• Raise Technical Query and Technical Deviations to client when required by the project, • Provide technical input to procurement and Quality Management as required in commercial and quality matters, such as VOR’s and NCR’s in liaison with PRB and PQM.
• Ensure that procurement package interfaces are well defined and communicated according to project requirements.
• Prepare necessary technical input to project reporting in accordance with project routines for Progress, schedule, risk and opportunity input.
• Provide input to expediting plan to PRB • Participate in or manage vendor progress meetings.
• Provide technical input and support to the supplier Mechanical Completion (for assigned procurement packages in liaison with -PRB and PQM, and in accordance with company and Project requirements.
• Responsible for closing of punch items for assigned procurement packages- in liaison with PRB and PQM.
• Responsible of the release of the assigned procurement packages.
• Responsible for capturing and sharing relevant lessons learned items, according to Fjords and project requirements.
• Ensure that relevant working methods are followed • Perform tasks in such a way as to reduce environment and health risks • Ensure tasks performed are to a high quality, be involved in and suggest improvements where they may be needed • Participate in the evaluation of working methods and conditions and thereby minimize the risk for workplace and environmental incidents and thereby minimize the risk for quality issues • Ensure processes are performed in compliance with internal and external requirements, defined and documented, continually measured, evaluated, improved and secured
•Graduated in Mechanical Engineering and Design, or similar •Engineering experience in oil and gas-, chemical process- or power generation industry.
•Very familiar with the following industry standards: API 610, 674, 675, 681, 682; ISO 2858, 5199, 1940; ASME B73.1
•Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
•Documented experience with project specifications pertaining oil companies such as BP, Exxon, Total, Reliance
•Documented experience with delivery of rotating equipment and complex packages in the oil and gas industry
•Master degree (MSc) is a strong advantage
•Strong communication and interpersonal skills
•Proactive and take initiative to perform according to expectations
•Working in teams
•Being analytic and accurate
•Minimum 5 years' relevant experience in a similar/same position
Closing Date: 2020-01-31