Dispatch Technician / Canada
The client is pleased to offer the following opportunity of Dispatch Technician (day) in Lloydminster, SK
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 year with chance of renewal
Description: The day dispatch technician is responsible for the day to day execution of the load plans for fluid movement within the Transportation System servicing Heavy Oil and Gas operations. Movement of fluids takes place from the well tank location to either a disposal facility or battery (i.e. end destinations) and may include emulsion, clean oil, sour, produced water, and/or produced sand.
Work Schedule: 7 on, 7 off rotation - Day shift
12 hour shift - from 7AM to 7PM
- Provide coverage for Dispatch and DFM which includes knowing and understanding all roles and responsibilities for these positions
- Process truck tickets as per the Dispatch Lead to include multiple systems to verify and document charges
- Monitor inventories to obtain levels (%) which meets Transportation Dept. targets.
- Provide assistance to Dispatch Lead in implementing new projects and processes.
- Collaborate with Transportation Leads and Field Reps to optimize and improve fluid movement processes, targets, and load plans.
- Create troubleshooting scenarios for ongoing analysis and review.
- Implement Husky Logistics Emergency Response Procedure during accident or incident
- Subject Matter Expert and trainer for Dispatch applications including Salesforce, SCADA, GeoTrac, etc
- Miscellaneous administrative duties as assigned
Must have Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Class 5 driver’s license
- A minimum of 2 years fluid hauling related experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership, decision making and facilitation skills
- Highly motivated, outstanding positive attitude and desire to grow job responsibility
- Knowledge of legal land descriptions
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Nice to have qualifications:
- Previous safety experience is an asset
- Prior work with Operations and Fluid Haulers
- Auditing experience and/or certification
- Incident Investigation experience and/or certification
- Working knowledge of Safety procedures an asset
Closing Date: 2020-02-03