Yard Supervisor / Qatar
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
Supervision of Subordinates
- Relevant years of port operations experience in a similar position
- Knowledge about the port operations.
- Proficiency in English (Must).
- Able to work in Day/ Night Shift.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders through collaboration & teamwork.
- Good computer and Microsoft office skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Regulatory and Compliance awareness.
- Good organising and planning skills.
Supervision of Subordinates
- Organize and supervise the work of the assigned team to ensure that all work within a specific area of the activity is carried out in an efficient manner, which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Provide guidance and on the job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge sharing to facilitate achievement of team objectives and completion of tasks in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy.
- Ensure smooth & proper hand over of duties between the relieving shifts in order to maintain smooth operation of the yard.
- Maintain an up to date, complete and accurate register of all cargo movement through the yard.
- Plan the yard work for the next day, ensure work is carried in accordance with the plan, and ensure correct resources (tools, equipment, and personnel) are available to carry out the planned work.
- Plan the storage of cargoes in yard according to instructions received from consignee and customs requirements and in an organized and systematic manner so that all cargoes can be easily access and retrieved.
- Obtain manifests of incoming cargo and ensure acceptability for stowing cargo prior to receiving in the yard to ensure the cargo’s proper storage.
- Inform the Planning regarding cargoes that have been stored in yard for over one month and ensure proper action to be taken so that yard space is optimally used.
- Ensure that hazardous cargoes are being stored in accordance with the requirements of the IMDG segregation table in order to maintain a safe working environment.
- Oversee that all the required document for releasing the cargo such as (custom clearance, delivery order, storage invoices, etc.) in order to ensure compliance with requirement and standard operating procedure.
- Manage the proper coordination between all the personnel in the yard operation so that all operation is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee any issue or work to be done in relation to yard activity that could hinder the flow of operations and take appropriate action when needed.
- Assign, control and monitor the required manpowerequipment (forklift) needed for yard process so that tasks are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020