Instrumentation Engineer / Belgium
The opportunity to help build one of the largest, most modern and energy-efficient installations in the world for the production of basic raw materials for plastics. After your training in the existing plant, you will be involved in the new production department.
You will be responsible for determining the maintenance strategy to follow and you will assist in commissioning the new installation. A major challenge! Sufficient challenge remains assured in the long term, because you will be responsible for the maintenance management of the instrumentation equipment of the plants. Variation and working with different technologies guaranteed!
A selection from your varied range of duties: ?
* In the project phase within the new production department you contribute to the implementation of the maintenance strategy for the instrumentation equipment by drawing up specifications, maintenance plans, drafting maintenance instructions and defining the necessary spare parts. You work out the commissioning protocols. In the commissioning / start-up phase you participate in commissioning and start-up of the installation, you carry out the investigation into any technical malfunctions and you implement corrective actions.
* You provide specialist support to the maintenance department and you take on activities related to all instrumentation aspects in projects, standardization and legislation. You also share your expertise with production and process engineers during studies and changes.
* You perform certain instrumentation engineering assignments (specifications, zoning files, budgets, commissioning, etc.) and you take the lead in investigations into complex technical, instrumentation-related failures. You determine short and long term corrective and preventive measures.
* You guide and supervise the Engineering partners regarding instrumentation discipline, zoning and commissioning of relevant projects. You manage the zoning files in the area of changing legislation.
* You perform SIL calculations and are responsible for the processing of all SIL related material.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Ideally, you should supplement your degree in Instrumentation or Measurement and Control with relevant work experience in the field of maintenance management of instrumentation equipment.
* We expect good knowledge of AREI, electrical standards, ATEX and the machinery directive. You are familiar with SIL and E&I calculation systems and you have a thorough knowledge of DCS, PLC and ESD. Just like Borealis you strive for continuous improvement, you do this by optimizing the existing processes and introducing new technologies.
* You express yourself fluently (Dutch / English) and like to share your technical knowledge with the project teams. You train them with regard to new developments concerning instrumentation (SIL, standards, devices).
* You experience safety at the highest level and do not accept deviations in this area. Because of your positive and responsible attitude, you are an example for colleagues.