Contract: Lifting Equipment Engineer / Specialist III / Texas
|Duration:||Contract - 22 months|
22 month contract
Webster, TX (client will not pay for relocation)
Candidate should have advanced knowledge of crane and lifting practices to oversee third party terminal construction efforts in Webster and Wink.
Expertise in crane and lifting is required for this position. Candidate will be required to travel 50% of the time. Position to be officed out of our Webster terminal, with business travel to Wink.
Mechanical Engineer specialized in Cranes /Lifting Equipment Inspection. Working within the Lifting and Hoisting department which is part of the Mechanical / Office Engineering Department responsible for the provision and inspection of Cranes and Lifting Equipment required supporting the workshop and field maintenance activities of the Gas to Liquids (GTL) Complex.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to all Level 1 and 2 tasks. Level 3 will:
* Serve as Representatives on a daily basis Coordinating with Cranes Inspection Contractor any Ad- Hoc Inspection / Testing / Certification requests from Onshore and Offshore Stewards the Cranes and Lifting Gear Preventive Maintenance Works Program with the Cranes / Lifting Gear inspection
* Subject Matter Expert on lifting equipment
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 20+ years' experience within the Petrochemical or associated Industry is high desirable
* A minimum at least of 10 years' experience within the Oil and gas industry preferred
* Bachelor's degree & qualified in Mechanical discipline or standards based qualification
* Ability to perform structural calculations (Structural Engineer)
* Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office suite of packages (Word and Excel competence is a must)
* Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English required
* Extensive experience in lifting equipment inspection
* Self-motivated Efficient and active, ability to manage contractors and push work forward
* Coordinate and Supervise the Inspectors on site, monitoring the progress of their work
* Team player with a good understanding of Health and Safety relating to lifting equipment