Project Engineering Manager / France
|Location:||Paris, Île-de-France, France|
The Project Engineering Manager will contribute to business development and marketing internally to the company's employees as well as externally to the Clients as required, support the pursuit of project opportunities and identify/implement the resources and training necessary. Responsibilities may include business development, budget control, project & resource management, engineering operations, performance management, training and all other related business activities.
All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within client and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES:
* Responsible to Project Manager for the delivery to project of all engineering requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring that standard of engineering services provided complies with corporate standards and Client specifications along with appropriate legislation.
* Manage the engineering resources and interfaces on a project to achieve successful delivery.
* Interface with discipline leads and/or group leads to ensure deliverable schedule is being met and budget is on track.
* Ensure schedule of engineering is linked to procurement activities, package and fabrication supply.
* Develop man-hour estimates and subsequent engineering schedule for implementation to suit overall project plan, taking responsibility for delivery.
* Identify project resource requirements and liaise with Engineering Resource Coordinators to ensure availability and allocation.
* Promote and facilitate project team awareness of company QA and HSE procedures.
* Ensure that all procedures and methods of work developed have considered the safety of personnel and assets to minimise loss.
* Ensure all documents are checked and approved and have relevant circulations.
* Actively engage in the project risk assessment and mitigation processes.
* Ensure engineering on the project team is effective and quality driven.
* Agree and monitor performance objectives with direct reports.
* Ensure that project teams maximise Group knowledge management tools.
* Manage and participate in technical audits of projects and studies.
AUTHORITY / DIMENSIONS:
* Operate within the Business Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy Statement.
* Operate according to client
* Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
* Subcontractors and suppliers for engineering and procurement activity.
* Clients for Technical Reviews, and input into tenders and studies.
* Relevant professional bodies and institutions of learning.
* Project Managers
* Engineering Department Manager
* Engineering Director
* HSEQ, Supply Chain Management, Project Controls and Planning Managers
* Engineering Compliance
* Offshore Manager(s) and Supervisors
* Engineering Resources Management Team
* Graduated of Engineering with extensive experience as a minimum in engineering on Oil & Gas related installation conventional projects.
* Management experience with the ability to lead an engineering team across multiple projects.
* Well technical knowledge and proven experience of launched jacket installation and deck/topsides floatover installation.
* Sound communication skills, oral, written and electronic.
* Ability to prioritise own and others' workload.
* Ability to manage time and change control accordingly and direct team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of programme or budget.
* Ability to manage interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, Client and suppliers.
* Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints.
* A fluent level in English (spoken, written and read) is essential.