Contract: Structural Engineer FSO / Qatar
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
Structural Engineer FSO
- Qualification: Master degree in structural system engineering.
- Experience: minimum relevant years’ experience as structural engineer in structural field in Oil and Gas activities.
- Extensive experience in structural engineering with relevant experience within the offshore oil and gas production industry.
- Experience in offshore facilities or FSO, FPSO is a plus.
- Available for technical missions worldwide.
- Familiar with standards and relevant codes and standards.
- Language: Fluent English.
- Computer literate, especially in structural calculation software’s.
- Strong leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical skills.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities.
- Carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to topsides structural systems for the Major Projects – Export Scheme Project by the contractors, the LLI and packages vendors (as applicable).
- The scope of activities will concern both FEEDs and detailed design contracts.
- The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, Company specifications, corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules.
- Participate in the redaction of the scope of work to be sent with the project in view of FEEDs execution.
- Supervision, control, review and co- ordination of Structural Engineering development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, COMPANY specifications, discipline requirements and international codes, with respect of cost, schedule and required level of quality and safety applicable to this project.
- Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the various structural documents issued by ESO CTR, including in place and lifting analysis.
- Ensure a regular and accurate weight and monitoring and reporting to management.
- Identification of any optimization / improvement in the design dossier to be implemented in the early stage of concept design.
- To promote alternatives for topsides structural design to reduce and to optimise the installations weight.
- To supervise and promote cost-saving solutions in the design.
- Identify potential deviations from the COMPANY referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for final decision on whether or not to implement.
- Ensure that design is standardized across the various FSO and is cost effective, in line with management strategy.
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines on all engineering, constructability and operational matters.
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects is considered in the design performance.
- Participate actively in technical decision making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors.
- Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
- Assistance in the finalization of contractual documents,
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management.
- Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to structural issues.
- To participate in the project reviews sessions with COMPANY, Contractors and vendors teams.
- To ensure detailed progress reporting to project management.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020