Contract: Senior Flowline Engineer / Australia
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
The client is currently looking for a Senior Flowline Engineer to collaboratively manage with the Lead Flowline & Tie-in Engineer the design and procurement of flowlines within the Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (URF) Group throughout the execution phase. In this role you will assume responsibility towards Lead Flowline & Tie-in Engineer for implementation of a correct and complete detailed engineering, procurement and manufacturing scope for the flowlines.
Your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design of infield rigid flowlines including freespans assessment and mitigation, lateral buckling and pipe walking, finite elements analysis, ECA, and installation analysis
* Design of inline subsea structures and tie-in systems and knowledge of the installation constraints and limitations in relation to inline subsea structures design .
* Support flowline procurement packages, and installation and pre-commissioning activities.
* Ensure development of a cohesive and fit for purpose URF Package engineering related to flowlines systems.
* Participate in design review, HAZOP/HAZID/ENVID, constructability review workshops etc.
* Support the Lead Flowline & Tie-in Engineer in resolving flowlines systems related interface issues and technical queries.
* Participate to the flowline, in-line structures and tie-in systems design.
* Preparation of Company's Project documentation.
* Review and comment internal company's Project documentation and external Consultant/Contractor project documentation
* Anticipate and identify detailed technical issues for flowline systems in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Apply passive and inherently safe principles in the design, manufacture, installation and operation of the subsea rigid flowlines system.
Our client is a global market leader within the energy sector with projects in over 30 countries worldwide. Here in Australia, they are involved in one of the largest LNG projects with operations spanning exploration, production and downstream. Join this exciting project and be part of a world renowned company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Tertiary Engineering Degree or equivalent
* EPCI Subsea Projects experience
* Circa 10+ years' experience in subsea CRA flowline/pipeline design (in-line structures will be a plus), procurement/manufacture and installation within the Oil and Gas industry.
* Experience with HP/HT infield flowlines design, freespans assessment and mitigation, lateral buckling and pipe walking, finite elements analysis, ECA and installation analysis.
* Current working knowledge in areas of subsea rigid flowlines design, procurement and installation.
* Proven track record holding similar position with other Projects for the design, manufacture and installation of subsea flowlines fabricated from both carbon steel and CRA linepipe materials.
* High awareness of safe working practices on offshore construction projects.
* Willing to travel as required for business both domestically and overseas.
* Computer literate.