Contract: Lab Technician / Alberta
|Location:||Fort McMurray, Alberta|
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months renewable|
* Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and programs of client's Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
* Oversees all analytical operations.
* Performs various analysis not limited to the following: Ph., turbidity, conductivity, hardness, alkalinity, sulphites, chlorides, bitumen-in-water using equipment such as Hach Spectrometer, Turner Fluorescence Meter, Titration Probes etc.
* Provides necessary training to ops staff when needed.
* Assists in developing site specific operating practices.
* Ensures QA/QC lab analysis procedures are correct and followed.
* Ensures appropriate test methods and standards are applied and measurement quality objectives are met.
* Monitors QA/QC procedures on a daily basis.
* Performs spot checks of analysis data and investigates/report any inconsistencies.
* Conducts regular internal QA/QC audits and reports on gaps found.
* Ensures laboratory facility is kept clean and in a safe and functional condition.
* Ensures that all laboratory supplies and expendables are available and in stock.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
* Experienced level, 1-3 years of laboratory experience
* Provides more technical/functional support than administrative support.
* Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of technology, applications, terminology, and procedures required of job function.
* Performs varied and more complex tasks.
* Makes decisions within broad parameters.