Contract: Maintenance Manager / Indiana
|Duration:||Contract - permanent|
* Direct maintenance operations over all shifts by setting goals, organizing and assigning work, selecting and developing employees, and maintaining a productive work environment in order to meet established production schedules. Perform all tasks with safety and quality in mind and in accordance with established procedures and process instructions. Take necessary action to minimize delay time and maximize production.
* Direct, plan, and coordinate maintenance operations over all shifts to minimize equipment downtime and maximize production. Develop and maintain an effective machinery maintenance program, including preventive maintenance.
* Ensure quality of repairs, scheduling of repair work, diagnosis of equipment problems, and adequate supplies of materials and/or parts required to complete repairs. Work closely with production control and manufacturing departments to schedule maintenance and/or repairs at appropriate times.
* Plan, organize, and assign work to maintenance supervisors and/or nonexempt employees to apply skill and experience to the best advantage which ensures efficient use of labor hours, materials, and equipment consistent with production and profit requirements.
* Maintain close observation over maintenance operations, providing guidance concerning proper maintenance methods.
* Select and train supervisors and/or nonexempt employees in maintenance operations to ensure a sufficient work force to meet short and long-term objectives. Evaluate work performance and counsel and coach employees to maintain efficient work performance.
* Oversee the development and operation of the maintenance data systems, addressing delay reporting, inventory control, equipment history, and maintenance cost tracking.
* Develop short and long-term plans relating to operating costs, labor requirements, and equipment replacement, overhaul, and shutdowns.
* Prepare budget for all maintenance operations and administer and control budget during the business year.
* Maintain open communications with employees and work with employees to mutually resolve problems to enhance morale and promote a union-free environment.
* Maintain conformance with Company policies, work rules, and regulations, coaching employees and/or initiating disciplinary actions, as required.
* Enforce the proper use of safety equipment and maintain departmental housekeeping to produce a safe work environment. Coach employees to reinforce safe work practices.
* Maintain awareness of improved operational methods, production processes or equipment which improve quality and efficiency and reduce cost.
* Maintain communications across all shifts in maintenance and with other departments to promote efficient operations.
* Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change
* Conflict Management: Be able to reads situations quickly and steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities.
* Innovation Management: Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
* Managerial Courage: Able to provide current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others.
* Drive for Results: Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing or a related field.
* Minimum FIVE years of progressive managerial experience within a similar manufacturing environment.
* Minimum FIVE years of related work experience in plant maintenance