Contract: Senior Crude Settlements Specialist / TexasClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
He/she is responsible for the settlement and invoicing process and related oil and gas activities.
? Bachelor's degree in a related discipline; Accounting, Finance, or related field.
? CPA, CFE, CISA, CIA or other relevant designation is not essential but would be a plus.
? Previous experience and deep understanding in oil & gas back office activities
? Domestic Crude pipeline and cargo settlement experience required.
? Experience in the use of accounting system (e.g. SAP) and Microsoft Excel as well as with commodities trading risk management (CTRM) software; Endur is preferred.
? Demonstrable experience in relevant SOX controls.
? Ability to effectively communicate using oral and written skills to all levels of the organization. Exhibit abilities to work within teams with different viewpoints and priorities.
? Experience with indirect taxes is preferred.
? Strong attention to detail is critical.
- The position will work with individuals and departments across the organization, primarily the following:
- Immediate supervisor and colleagues
- Front Office Trading and Operations departments
- Credit and Risk department
- SOX and Operating risk department
- Accounting team
- Contracts team
- Compliance department
- Internal and External Auditors
- Colleagues in Europe (ICT Support & Milan Back Office)
-? Market peers
1. Manage commodity settlements, accruals, and the monthly close process
2. Investigate and resolve daily operational issues (e.g. invoice pricing or volumetric differences) and coordinate with trade operations and risk to make corrections in system as needed
3. Verify invoice pricing and quantity and support agree to commodity contract
4. Advise/mentor peers on matters involving indirect taxes
5. Ensure the alignment between Position Keeping System and SAP
6. Ensure all required internal controls are performed in compliance with SOX and Italian law 231, including assisting with annual review of accounting procedures, internal control testing and coordination with auditors and SOX Administrator
7. Participate in the preparation of Key Performance Indicators
8. Comply with all SOX requirements
9. Assist accounting/treasury team in forecasting and cash application
10. Assist in the reconciliation and analysis of accounting P&L
11. Develop and maintain effective business relationships with constituent staff and management
12. Adhere to all organizational and professional ethical standards
13. Other tasks and duties as directed by the Back Office Manager
14. Some overtime may be required during peak work cycles
Health, Safety & Environmental Risk Category: Low