Contract: Site Quality Specialist / Qatar
|Duration:||Contract - 24 months|
Job Purpose * The Onshore Site Quality Specialist - ESW/EPC
coordinates effective implementation of the project quality requirements for site construction activities including final turnover of the Early Site Works (ESW) documentation to the EPC Contractor.
* The Site Quality Specialist ESW/EPC will provide quality support of construction site activities during early EPC phase including requirement for camp infrastructure, packaged equipment substation and fresh cooling water pipe fabrication and installation.
* Responsible for implementing quality systems and maintaining a close working liaison with the Head of Quality - ESW and Head of Site Construction - ESW.
* Site Quality Specialist ESW/EPC is responsible for coordinating the construction surveillance programs (ESW and early EPC) and providing direction to PMT site QC Inspection personnel.
Reporting and Relationships * Reports to the Head of Quality - ESW with day-to-day interaction with ESW/EPC Construction personnel.
Key Job Accountabilities
* Coordinates the ESW/EPC Construction Surveillance Programs per PQP
* Monitors the effective oversight of Contractors construction quality efforts
* Coordinates verification and Company inspector attendance to approved I&TP
* Checks completeness and correctness of I&TP check sheets and deliverables
* Conducts/participates in periodic audits of ESW/EPC Contractor site processes
* Conducts and records project-specific quality orientation & training
* Oversight of ESW/EPC Contractor's Project Quality Plans & procedures
* Reviews Contractor's internal & external quality audit schedules
* Monitors and measures Contractor's quality performance during ESW/EPC Construction activities
* Interfaces with ESW/EPC Contractor procurement and oversight and provides feedback on delivered equipment & material condition upon arrival
* Provides oversight on ESW/EPC materials receipt, laydown, storage, handling and preservation
* Applies extensive hands-on, industry-based experience & knowledge to promote & establish existing systems, processes & procedures within a structured quality framework
* Promotes and monitors key processes such as Deficiency Reporting, Specification Deviation Request, Non- conformance Request, Corrective Action Reports, etc.
* Conducts audits to verify ESW/EPC Contractors quality management system and project specification compliance.
* The Site Quality Specialist ESW/EPC establishes and provides appropriate oversight & Contractor performance metrics that provide assurance of Contractor compliance to multiple civils, electrical, soils and earthworks technical specifications during ESW
* Requires the ability to effectively communicate quality at project & functional level
* The Site Quality Specialist ESW/EPC must exhibit a high degree of computer literacy & coordination skills
* Demonstrates the highest level of integrity in dealing with all parties and communicates concisely in written and verbal context; prepares high quality written reporting
* The Site Quality Specialist ESW/EPC facilitates timely turnover of supporting Quality documentation for partial handover, participates in walkthroughs, punch listing and site acceptance certification.
* Ensures COMPANY Lessons Learned are implemented and verified.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
Required Experience / Qualifications * 15 years' experience associated with Quality Control & coordination of quality activities within the Oil & Gas Construction Industry.
* Preferred: Associates Engineering or Engineering degree in Civil, Structural or Science
Knowledge and Key Skills
* Experience with multi-national contractors, in particular those involved in the construction of Temporary site facilities, LNG production facilities,
* Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
* Experienced in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interfaces issues
* Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
Technical and Business Skills
* A thorough knowledge of codes and standards in relation to site construction and working within a structured Quality Management System
* Must be capable of positive decision-making & demonstrating a high level of judgement & responsibility
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.