Contract: Project Quantity Surveyor / Contract Manager / EnglandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Stone, Staffordshire, England|
|Duration:||Contract - 3 months|
To provide contractual and commercial services to our clients tender and project team to ensure that commercial and contractual discipline is managed and maintained throughout all sales opportunities and project's life cycle. The role will also involve providing guidance and fostering the development with all project staff on contractual and commercial issues. Ensuring that the contractual and commercial management of all opportunities and projects are up to date and in line with the company guidelines and budgets. Maintaining working relationships with clients, consortium partners and supply chain on effective administration of contract.
* Understand and be able to assess and report business contractual and commercial risks during sales and tender phase.
* Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc.
* Understand the principles of contract law and its importance in defence/application of contractual claims.
* Understand the principles of cost forecasting and reporting
* Provide commercial reporting to Project Teams and Senior Management
* Assist in establishing and maintaining cost and valuation reporting procedures
* Establish, develop and maintain contract administration procedures
* Initiate and maintain a means of contractual understanding within Project Teams.
* To manage the commercial resources of the assigned project to maximize the planned gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts. To assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks.
* To support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorize the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders.
* To maximize cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers.
* To implement Health and Safety and risk Management process
* Establish and enforce standard change management procedures to ensure accuracy of capturing change and quantification of the work.
Preparing contractual documentation for subcontractor work enquiries including but not limited to detailing the scope of works, evaluating quotations and recommending preferred supplier cost.
Valuing subcontract monthly accounts and variations. Provide accurate monthly commercial reports such as accruals, cash-flow forecasts, Earned Value reporting and Costs Reports/forecasting.
Our client is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. They operate in around 100 countries employing over 145,000 people.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Degree qualified i.e. Law, BSc or MSc, preferably a member of a professional body.
* Minimum of 10 years Quantity Surveying experience or an in depth knowledge of the different construction process within the Power Distribution, Utilities or M&E
* Professional and Approachable individual with an excellent prioritization and time management skills
* Working knowledge of NEC3, FIDIC and Bespoke forms of contracts.
* Experience in monthly cost/value reporting and cash flow management both with clients and supply chain.
* Experience in preparation and presentation of compensation events, extension of time and other claims.
* Computer literacy - Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Team player
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (Written and Oral).
* Experience of collaborative working and strong communication skills both in partnership with Clients, and in liaising with the various specialist functions within ABB.
* A tenacious indi
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Experience working in the Electricity Supply Industry (or similar client base with projects incorporating electrical engineering scope).
* Understanding of planning processes and tools such as Primavera and Microsoft Project
* Understand the use of account software's such as SAP or similar project/commercial management tools such as COINS, AXIM or the like
* Able to compile presentation slides including making presentations to groups utilizing presentation tools such as power point.