Contract: Senior Cost Engineer / NetherlandsClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Den Haag, Netherlands|
This position is responsible for supporting Project Management in the delivery of standard, consistent and robust project cost management to projects within the Project Controls Group. The role covers cost estimating (which will be limited), budget preparation, detailed cost tracking, forecasting, reporting and project closeout activities. The role requires close working with the project teams and counterparts in the various Contractors organizations. The role will support brownfield projects and decommissioning projects.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Deliver, maintain and manage robust cost management frameworks, procedures and tools
- Create and maintain a database of costs and norms for estimating purposes and future benchmarking
- Compile project budgets, support Corporate and Joint Venture budgeting requirements and prepare project financial approvals (AFE's) as and when required Track, monitor and accurately report project commitments, value of work done (VOWD) and forecast costs
- Provide accurate monthly reporting and input into overall project and wider business reporting cycles
- Support project change control, reviewing scope changes, assessing impacts of project costs and managing contingency and allowance provisions
- Ensure all project requisitions and invoiced costs are valid and coded correctly
- Provide monthly project accruals
- Analyse cost trends to offer early warnings to Project Management
- Support the project risk review / probabilistic analysis as necessary
- Interface with and build strong working relationships between the various Company Business Groups and all counterparts in Contractor organizations
- Maintenance of audit trail on all project costs and participate in project audits as and when required
- Maintain cost management system and appropriate databases
- Prepare for and contribute to project reviews
- Support in other project control tasks as required.
- Support department monthly reporting and strategic goals
- Actively participate in HSEQ strategy to ensure expectations for the Project Team are met
Internal and External Interfaces
- Project Services (Cost / Estimating / Procurement / Commercial) and Project Management
- Finance Department
- Asset and other technical functions i.e. subsurface, drilling etc.
- Major Contractors (Engineering & Procurement / Construction & Fabrication / Subsea Pipelines & Installation / Transportation & Installation / Hook Up & Commissioning)
- 3rd Party Suppliers
- Educated to a degree or equivalent in an appropriate discipline (preferred)
- 10-15 years' experience in cost engineering role supporting major E&P development projects (essential)
- Extensive working knowledge of project cost management - cost estimating principles, WBS structures, budgets, allocations, commitments, VOWD, forecasts and estimated final costs Track record of continuous professional development
- Ability to work pro-actively under own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to learn, share knowledge and learning's with others.
- Have a good appreciation of both topsides and subsea works.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Extensive use of MS Office packages (specifically excel) is essential.
- Language: fluent in Dutch and English is mandatory.