Construction Manager / Finland
Construction management is an important part of our plant deliveries. In Espoo we design and deliver modern mineral processing and metals refining plants to customers all around the world. Construction management ensures our deliveries are constructed according to the requirements, bringing our delivery to the end, to the Client satisfaction.
We are looking for a Construction Manager (Home office) to work within our global construction management team. You will be given an exiting opportunity to work in an international setup and in a central role with EPC projects’ proposal and sales phases, covering the responsibility of construction and site management. You will be based in Espoo, Finland.
Closing date: 2020-01-15 12:00:00
As Construction Manager, you will:
Within a Proposal Phase (Primary job)
- Advise on construction related design steps
of disciplines in terms of constructability.
- Coordinate interfaces with other areas,
disciplines, contractors or battery limits.
- Prepare the construction schedule and
construction management manpower plan
- Create and issue request for quotations for
the construction contractors (together with proposal team), prepare bid
comparison, lead construction supplier selection process, audit of
selected bidders, negotiate the subcontracts as a leader of the team.
- Participate in the risk assessments for the
- Advise in construction/subcontracting
- Review proposals document in regard to
Within an execution phase (Secondary job)
- Is the lead engineer construction for the planning phase of a EPC project.
- Prepare the baseline schedule Level III for the assigned construction site.
- Coordinate incoming materials and erection documentation in due time.
- Release the Construction Execution Plan with annexes including QAQC and EHS plans.
- Accountable for placing the subcontracts in due time prior to the mobilization.
- Provide monthly updates of progress for the home office deliverables.
- In charge of construction home office budget for the projects assigned to.
- Coordinate all activities prior to mobilization on site (client´s, subcontractor´s and internals).
To succeed, you will need:
- Bachelor (B.Sc.) or Master (M.Sc.) degree in Construction/Mechanical engineering or similar
- At least 7 years experience in construction related works
- Experience on a foreign industrial plant construction sites is an advantage.
- Deep execution skills related to at least one discipline of construction works: e.g. Civil, Mechanical, E/I
- Deep knowledge about EHS requirements on construction sites.
- Deep skills in quality requirements of industrial plants of Controls Tools for Cost and Schedule
- Well founded skills in Contract & Claims management
- Very good written and spoken English
- Experience as a site manager on an EPC project is an advantage
- Ability to slip into a construction manager role on site is an advantage