Contract: Yard QC Superintendent / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
Yard QC Superintendent
- Education to HND/BTS level or COMPANY approved equivalent in engineering discipline.
- Welding, certified to - AWS CWI, CSWIP Grade 3.2 or EWIP/IWIP-C or COMPANY approved equivalent.
- Professional Experience (number of years): Relevant years of experience associated with Quality Control, coordination of quality activities within Construction yard, Hook-up, projects of offshore facilities (jacket/topsides/bridges) in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- A good knowledge of Company Standards and International codes/standards related to design, fabrication and inspection.
- Comprehensive knowledge in welding, material, corrosion and NDE.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- To implement the Major Project Quality Management System at Project level.
- To ensure the performance of the Contractor, Subcontractors and Construction Yards, is achieving the Project Quality requirements.
- To coordinate all Quality Control activities during construction activities.
- To ensure that Quality requirements are well established and implemented by the Contractor during yard fabrication, construction and load-out/sea fastening works.
- To provide necessary information’s to Pre-Commissioning Team.
- To promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities.
- To carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
- To review and approved the Quality Documentation applicable to yard construction issued by the Contractor and Subcontractors.
- Manage all Company quality inspections related to material, welding, NDT and coating/painting activities.
- Review and approved the material certificates.
- Ensure that material, welding and NDT traceability system is maintained throughout the fabrication process.
- Ensure that there is no backlog for inspection performance, reporting and data base update.
- Review and approved the different inspection reports issued by the Contractor.
- Witness inspection activities based on the Quality Control Plan (ITP).
- Ensure that Contractor is performing dimensional control activity during fit-up of structural element and validate the dimensional control reports.
- Ensure that construction verification activities by the Certifying Authority are in line with Contract requirement.
- Issue Non-Conformance reports or review Contractor Non-Conformance reports and validate dispositions. Intervene as necessary where warranted.
- Participate in the weekly meeting and in the issuance of weekly report and KPIs.
- In coordination with Head Projects QA/QC, participate in Contractor investigations of significant Quality failures.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020