Contract: Senior Contracts Specialist (Drilling & Wells) / ScotlandClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 6 months|
Provision of contract administration and commercial support to the drilling and wells department/supply chain department, developing highly effective relationships with all team members.
* Leads the tendering, evaluation and negotiation process in relation to the award of high value/complex drilling and wells related contracts and agreements and makes recommendations to management on contractor selection and contract award.
* Develops Tender Strategies in accordance with company processes and procedures, capturing procurement best practices;
* Develops ITT packages and administration of contract agreements and documentation;
* Commercial management of long-term master service contracts;
* Prepares detailed quantitative and qualitative evaluation of tenders including assessment of contract risk;
* Responsible for key supplier performance and relationship management including frequent performance feedback sessions, utilising FPAL feedback where necessary;
* Direct contractual and commercial negotiation in accordance with contracting principles, ensuring risk mitigation and commercial optimisation;
* Provides specialist advice and guidance to wells management on contracting and other supply chain matters;
* Liaises with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtain contract award approvals and contract execution;
* Maintains an up to date understanding of the short, medium and long term strategic and operational requirements of the drilling and wells dept and ensures team resources and services are appropriately aligned with business objectives;
* Takes a lead role in identifying and developing opportunities to create value and improve service
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Substantial experience gained in an oil and gas contracts administration role, performing comparable duties in an operator or topside service company setting.
* Strong experience in contract and commercial negotiations.
* Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts.
* Extensive experience in drilling and wells projects / contracts.
* Proven ability to deal with many key suppliers, build relationships and communicate effectively.
* Ability to develop relationships with internal stakeholders in operations, engineering and legal departments;
* Considerable experience
* Educated to Degree level, preferably in a Business/ Commercial or Quantity Surveying related discipline
* Working towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) accreditation