General Manager - Technical Support / Malaysia
|Duration:||Permanent - 2|
* Ensure the availability of adequate technical support for the operation of the FPSOs to ensure an effective and efficient follow-up of all health, safety, environmental, legislative, technical, logistical, administrative and HR related issues.
* Perform incident investigations
* Analyse equipment failures and production losses
* Assist FPO operations globally with resolving technical issues
* Assist with operations readiness for new FPSOs
* Fill in for onshore support when required
* Perform onshore/offshore audits prior to and during FPSO operations
* Responsibility for effective day-to-day onshore technical monitoring, direction, planning and technical support of the FPSO maintenance, cargo/marine and process activities.
* Review and support of planned shutdown maintenance projects in respect of work scopes, budget, manning, mobilization/demobilization of personnel, material and equipment delivery to the FPSOs, sub- contractors and vendors support.
* Support company's Commercial group with technical input for bid preparations for new Projects, attend bid clarification meetings with potential new clients
* To perform the technical scope & activities within the assigned budget.
* Identify processes/procedures needed and required improvements to eliminate negative impacts.
* Clearly demonstrate creativity and innovation in finding solutions.
* Liaise with the GM - Operations, Operations Managers (OM) and Offshore Management Team(s) (OMT) on a frequent basis re ongoing activities.
* Assist and support offshore management during the preparation and execution of Management of Change (MOC's) requests from the FPSO's.
* Ensure FPO Department's commitment to company policies and procedures.
* Cultivate & maintain key relationships with Shipyards, Oil Company Clients, Class Societies (ABS, DNV etc) and OEM contractors
* Monitor maintenance compliance for all FPSOs
* Assist in updating maintenance strategies for both new and existing FPSO projects to ensure high reliability
* Monitor Engineering progress, Design reviews, HAZOP's for new Projects, give input from Operations technical perspective as needed
* For budgeting purposes and in event of budget effect due to abnormal activities, raise and obtain approval for budget variance and request for budget transfers.
* Review all incoming incident and accident reports. Initiate and follow-up the requirements for Improvement.
* Member of the Emergency Response Organization.
* Participate directly in the negotiation and the issue of sub-contracts and main supplier service agreements. Periodically review and update these contracts as and when required.
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering or First Class (Chief Engineer's) Certificate of Competency (Motor and/or Steam), with Dangerous Cargo Endorsement
* Experience/Skills Essential:
* Minimum 10 years' experience in the Oil & Gas Industry.
* Must have been in a senior role Offshore for a minimum of 5 years.
* Having worked as an Operations Manager or Technical Manager for an FPSO is an advantage.