Compliance Officer / Azerbaijan
|Duration:||Permanent - 1 year|
* Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
* Develop and review company policies.
* Advise management on the company's compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
* Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
* Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
* Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
* Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
* Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in law, finance, business management or a related field.
* Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus
* 3 - 5 years' proven experience in a compliance officer role.
* Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager
* Experience in risk management
* Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, the Law of AR On State Procurement, the Law of AR On Fight Against Legalization of Criminally Obtained Money and Other Property and Financing of Terrorism, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, US FCPA, OECD Bribery Convention, UK Bribery Act)
* Experience on working with internal compliance policies such as Code of Conduct and Ethics, ABC Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Procurement Policy etc.
* Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Excellent communication skills
* Integrity and professional ethics
* Business acumen
* Teamwork skills
* Fluency in Azerbaijani and English (both written and spoken); Russian would be an asset
* Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.