Contract: Expeditor / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Houston, Texas, USA|
This is an integral position within the Capital Procurement organization responsible for expediting project equipment, materials, and documents to achieve timely delivery supporting successful project execution. This position includes close coordination with Source Inspection and Logistics teams to obtain equipment releases and provide timely shipping releases. Expeditor is responsible to identify and report any pending delivery issues to project management and work with vendors to correct or minimize delays which could impact project schedules.
Position Duties & Accountabilities:
- This position will follow established expediting policies, procedures, and work instructions. Expeditor will schedule their own workload and contact events to proactively track supplier progress assuring project requirements are achieved.
- Expeditor will handle a large volume of orders ranging in value from a few dollars to over $1m each.
- Expeditor will work globally with project management, engineering, operations, expediting and procurement teams.
- Embody 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity, and Self- Confidence
- Proactively expedite equipment and critical documents to assure timely delivery achieving project commitments for clients. This will entail regular contact with suppliers to obtain progress status updates, production schedules, evidence of meeting milestones.
- Provide timely updates to project teams and inform of any possible delivery issues
- Engage suppliers in problem resolution, involve appropriate project and procurement team members to develop a solution strategy and subsequent follow-up to monitor suppliers on their plan of action.
- Record status and keep a record of pertinent information promptly using SmartPlant Materials tool and SAP.
- Coordinate with the Source Inspection team to schedule inspection activities and obtain inspection releases upon completion of final inspection as required.
- Obtain a packing list from vendors and provide shipping releases.
- Provide required documentation to the logistics team for shipment coordination.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in technical or business area
- Minimum 5-10 years of work experience in the industry, process industry preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years expediting experience preferred or similar experience in a related buyer/expeditor role.
- Knowledge and experience with equipment manufacturing and fabrication.
- Excellent organization skills to manage a large volume of orders with multiple suppliers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence decisions
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP and SmartPlant Materials is a plus
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized works with little guidance can set priorities
- Likes interacting daily with other organizational colleagues.
3 to 6 months, could be extended depending on the workload!