Contract: QC Material Controller / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
QC Material Controller
- Education to HND/BTS level or COMPANY approved equivalent in engineering discipline.
- Relevant years of experience is required on wellhead platform, topsides, structure, piping, pressure vessels, electrical equipment, rotating machines and practical knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as EN, ISO, API, ASME and ASTM.
- Experience on construction yard is required.
- A good knowledge of Company Standards and International codes/standards related to design, fabrication and inspection.
- Good leadership skills and good communication skills.
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications.
- Language: English mandatory.
- To promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other COMPANY HSE procedures in all activities.
- To carry out work in compliance with COMPANY values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed COMPANY priorities and objectives, COMPANY standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality.
- To review and approved material receiving procedure and preservation procedure issued by the Contractor, Subcontractors and Vendors.
- Anticipate and verify storage and warehouse facilities at Contractor yard to ensure compliance with preservation requirements.
- Participate to source inspection.
- Participate to receiving inspection with Contractor and to monitor receiving inspection process.
- Verify material and equipment tagging and identification conformity.
- Issue or review Contractor Non Conformance reports / OS&D and validate dispositions.
- Follow up of receiving material quantity and report results to Project Procurement Engineer.
- Established list of tagged equipment within Vendor packages to support further Pre-Commissioning activities.
- To ensure proper equipment preservation once installed into the plant especially during construction works and coactivity.
- Participate to PMI inspection on CRA material at receiving and erection stages.
- To participate in the review of material test certificates and vendors data books for further inclusion into Project Final Documentation.
- Participate in the weekly meeting and in the issuance of weekly report and KPIs
- In coordination with Head Projects QA/QC, participate in Contractor investigations of significant Quality failures.
- Ensure proper root cause analysis of Contractor Quality failures is undertaken, and conclusions are reached and corrective actions undertaken.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020