Contract: Gas Plant Operator / Australia
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
We have partnered with international clients in oil and gas to source the top talent available in the Australian and International market. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in an exciting growth phase as such we are now seeking an experienced Gas Plant Operator to fulfil a 12 month contract position based in Wester in Queensland on a 15 days on 13 days off rotation.
As a key member of the Owner’s team the primary responsibility of the Gas Plant Operator is be responsible for safe and efficient gas processing, through the control of compressor facilities and various plant equipment. You will provide frontline plant surveillance and defect recognition while maintaining a strong focus on ensuring safe production.
Responsibilities will include though are not limited to:
• Monitor baseline maintenance of compressor stations to ensure the high availability of the compressor sets and plant equipment, as well as effective metering and pressure regulation.
• Complete area surveillance and rectify (to level of competence) and/or report safety, environmental, maintenance and production issues, ensuring that all identified defects are appropriately documented in the relevant registers and databases.
• Participate in condition monitoring and predictive maintenance programs, ensuring compliance to manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Conduct careful observation of maintenance agreements and warranties.
• Maintain operational support for emergency response equipment as required.
Skills & experience will include:
- Certificate III in Gas Plant Operations
- Self-driven & motivated individual with minimum 3 years experience in Operations & Maintenance
- Demonstrated experience in gas plant, refinery or petrochemical operations
- Experience in high pressure gas operations
- Experience in basic workplace reporting.
- Knowledgeable in risk assessment and evaluation.
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in SAP and Maximo is desirable
- Permit Authority Certificate is desirable
- Good understanding of isolation hierarchy
- PTW and working hazardous areas
- Good understanding of Operations business with in-depth experience in field production & maintenance operations.
- Team member, working in a small operations group of 8/10 personnel
- Area of responsibility (timely quality data) directly influences important risk areas like asset integrity, licence to operate, hydrocarbon accounting and reservoir management
In return for your commitment you will be offered excellent day rate commencing for 12 contract term along with the opportunity to establish yourself with an international expert.
Should your skills and ability fulfil the above please ‘Apply Now’.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020