Operational Risk Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - permanent|
* Accountability is associated to the soundness of the evaluations, solutions and recommendations proposed on operational risk, operating integrity and technical integrity assurance to ensure technical integrity of existing facilities on Al Shaheen are maintained.
* Promote "technical integrity" and "operating integrity" as part of "Process Safety Culture" within Operations and support other entities within the organization.
* Promote compliance with HSE Policy, HSE Risk Management Framework, Technical Integrity Management Strategy and Management of Major Risks, Downgraded Situations [DGS] & Integrity Threats in Operations.
* Responsible for ensuring any identified integrity threats and downgraded situations are dealt with promptly.
* Responsible for delivering and ensuring Impact Assessments, Hazard identification and preliminary risk assessments for all requests for change [Facility Modifications], associated with Management of Change.
* Responsible for delivering operational risk engineering, process safety and providing operational risk assessment assistance to Operations, HSE-Q, Drilling and Engineering & Construction divisions.
* Responsible for tracking and maintaining an Operational risk register of all offshore locations and update on a frequent basis, including presenting a weekly summary report per location.
* Responsible for supporting HSE-Q / IMR team in Technological Risk Assessment evaluation, alignment and proposed recommendations for Field Operations to implement, via change and no change delivery streams.
* Responsible for supporting and/or conducting ALARP demonstration associated with all facility modifications (Management of Change process) during Concept Study stage of Class 1 RFMs and Risk assessments for engineering solutions on Class 2 RFMs.
* Responsible for supporting a structured monitoring [technical integrity assurance] of the technical integrity of assets, in particular those associated with SECEs and specific integrity focus areas.
The activities associated with this position are described under accountabilities and are more specifically represented in the context of a number of key deliverables, which are:
* Operational risk register [Downgraded situations, operational risks and integrity threats]
* Weekly Downgraded situation status reports per location, with specific emphasis on tracking the status of the in-place mitigations [Temporary] and "Days Left".
* Weekly Integrity Threat status reports per location
* Quarterly KPI reporting on downgraded situations, with trend analysis for Al Shaheen
* Quarterly KPI reporting on integrity threat, with trend analysis for Al Shaheen
* Establishing and maintaining an Operating Rhythm for Operational Risk Management with each Offshore Area [A-Site, B-Site, C-Site, E-Site, G-Site and Marine [FSO Africa & FSO Asia].
* Establishing and maintaining an Operating Rhythm for Operational Integrity Assurance Activities [OIAVS] to ensure operational performance standards are achieved.
* Identifying and maintaining continuous improvement initiatives as they relate to a number of key workflows and procedures with HSE-Q / IMR, namely:
* HSE Risk Management Framework,
* Technical Integrity Management Strategy,
* Management of downgraded situations [DGS] & Integrity Threats.
* Major Risks / Technological Risks
* HSE Risk Management in Operations
Qualifications & Experience:
Engineering Degree or Masters.
Minimum 15 years [Post graduation] upstream oil and gas experience in an offshore Operating environment;
* 8 years Operational Risk Engineering experience in Operating Phase on offshore oil and gas facilities.
* 5 years Process Safety experience on an Operating Asset Integrity and Brownfield Facility Modifications.
* 5 years Operational Risk assessment in an Offshore operating unit.
* Familiar with risk engineering industry standards, Codes and guidelines.
* Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience and strong working knowledge of operational assets, namely Al Shaheen.
* Conversant with usual business suites (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access databases).
* Familiarity with in house tools: SYNERGI, PALM [SAP] Sciforma and eVision
* Risk Assessment tools and database: PHAST, OREDA, WOAD, CFD
* Team working
* Rigor and critical sense, open-minded, keen to share knowledge and experience.
* A Quality mindset with an emphasis on attention to details and closing the loop.
* Leadership and strong listening / communication skills.
* Involve frequent offshore visits
Al Shaheen Experience
* Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience of working on Al Shaheen assets.
* Preference will be given to candidates with minimum 5 years' experience of working in the Middle East
Fluency in English is a mandatory requirement.