Contract: Wellsite Geologist / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
We are currently looking for experienced Wellsite Geologist and Operations Geologist, mainly in Queensland, but elsewhere as required providing services and supervision on an initial 12 month contract. You will be the focal point between field operations and organisation's operations in Brisbane, reporting to their respective Company and Contractor's Operations Geologists. All geological data acquisition at the Wellsite will be the responsibility of the Wellsite Geologist, and the Wellsite Geologist will ensure the transmission / distribution of data as required.
* Developments representative at the wellsite
* Ensure formation evaluation is in accordance with the Well Proposal
* Collect and describe cuttings samples.
* Ensure well data delivery and quality.
* Coordinate and report on wireline logging e.g. wireline witness for Petrophysics.
* Process SPAT and confirm/optimise swell packer placement.
* Initiate Well Completion Report compilation and other well reporting QC.
* Daily geological reports and formation evaluation reports / operational summaries as required
* Drill stem testing witness and QC.
* Participation and proactive in Assist & Assure, and Tool Box Meetings to ensure adherence to safe practices and behaviours.
Our client is a global market leader within the oil & gas industry with a portfolio of pioneering onshore and offshore projects both locally and internationally. As an employer they have an exceptional reputation for building a culture focused on the highest levels of HSE and diversity & inclusion as they continue to expand their Australian based operations.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Wellsite Geologists: Circa 3 to 5 years "unconventional" CSG well experience and circa 10 years "conventional" experience as needed.
* Around 3 years as a Wellsite Geologist with directional experience
* Operations Geologists: Circa 3 years Wellsite and Operations Geologists experience.
* Around 2 years CSG core well data acquisition and QC experience.
* Approx. 5 years geophysical log data acquisition, (wireline and LWD) and QC experience.
* Basic geophysical log and MWD/LWD interpretation is essential.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Working knowledge of third-party data sharing and software e.g. Gravitas, ODM, Pelaton, InterAct, PreView, Pason, QDEX and MapMagic