Operational Safety Engineer / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - permanent|
* The role shall provide operational safety, in terms of Health, Safety and Environment, support to company installations within the Al Shaheen field as well as supporting entities, within the onshore organisation.
* Accountable for front line support to offshore assets with regards to occupational health, safety and environment to promote safe operations.
* Responsible for managing SYNERGI Field Operations actions, support and close out.
* Promote Incident Free mindset both on and offshore.
* Act as Incident Free (IF) Champion, providing IF inductions as per scheduled rota.
* Update, maintain and provide governance of Field Operations cases within Synergi Incident database, identifying trends and ensuring timely closure of onshore actions, through liaison with action owners.
* Review weekly incident trends with HSE Team, to ensure information being distributed is accurate and assist HSE Department where required.
* Floor marshal for allocated floor within company Tower.
* Support Security Advisor in the planning and preparation of any Medium or Large-scale exercises planned for the company.
* Update and maintain tracking actions within FOPS Safety Action tracker for actions minuted in the weekly HSE-Si meeting.
* Promote and assist industrial hygiene for healthy work environment by coordinating and reviewing the audits and following up on actions assigned.
* Develop and communicate Field Operations lessons learned (e.g. Safety Feedback Notice) from incidents, to increase safety awareness and minimize incident re-occurrences.
* Focal point for interfacing with HSEQ Department, Drilling and Wells, Maintenance and Inspection Logistics, Engineering and Construction and Major Projects to offer operational input to any proposed policies, procedures, activities or initiatives.
* Assist in shutdown preparation s with regards to developing, where necessary, and reviewing associated HSE plans, risk assessments and roll out material.
* Assist in development and deployment of HSE initiatives, within Field Operations.
* Partake in Supplier Quality Meeting, providing HSE performance feedback to supplier.
* Facilitate Cause Tree analysis, HAZIDS and Job Safety Analysis on behalf of Field Operations.
Qualifications & Experience:
* BS Degree in safety engineering or equivalent.
* 10 - 15 years' experience within oil and gas operations with a minimum of three years having been spent in an offshore role.
* Senior Incident Investigator
* Offshore Medical
* H2S Awareness
* HSE MOST or equivalent
* Risk Assessment and Analysis
* Familiarisation within International standards ISO 9001, 1400 & 18001/45001
* Conversant with Microsoft business suites (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
* Familiarity with in house tools (Synergi, Electronic Control of Work)
* Familiar with Emergency Response in an offshore environment.
* Team working
* Self starter
* Critical Analysis
* Good communicator at all levels
* Strong listener