Contract: Senior Drilling Engineer / Australia
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Long term contracting role for a Senior Drilling Engineer to provide support for the design and execution of the development wells. This position is based in the Perth office and reports to the Wells Supervisor.
* Ensuring that the wells are designed and executed in a safe, innovative, timely/accurate fashion, cost effective, and environmentally responsible manner.
* Responsible for engineering, planning and permitting aspects of all drilling related operations
* Specifying equipment and services required in support of the operations.
* Preparing accurate cost estimates, budgets and AFE's.
* Effectively assess risks and develop appropriate contingency plans.
* Able to take a lead role in performing Risk Assessments, Third-Party Contractor Audits, After-Action Reviews and Lessons Learned Sessions.
* Actively engage in, and contribute to HSE communication and consultation processes.
Our client is the world's largest exploration and production company with operations in over 29 countries. In Australia our client is leading the way in both upstream and downstream oil and gas projects with exciting developments for further Australia based projects ahead. As a market leader they are an enviable employer to join and be part of their continued success.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Engineering degree required.
* Circa 10 years' experience in drilling engineering/operations.
* Experience in offshore subsea wells engineering/operations is preferred.
* Experience with floating drilling operations/well design is highly desirable
* Knowledge of business process tools such as MaxBook.
* Excellent communication/ presentation skills
Please note you must be able to pass and maintain offshore medical and safety training requirements as well as IWCF subsea supervisor level well control certification.