Surveyor - Rig / QatarClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - permanent|
* Responsible for the safe, efficient and timely delivery of topographic / hydrographic surveys, rig moves and general positioning services in accordance with the company specifications, procedures, processes, systems, budgets, confidentially and applicable Qatari Laws.
* Responsible for the quality control of related deliverables (reports /charts etc) plus the efficient retrieval thereof.
* Accountable to the Company Senior Surveyor for the technical / logistical delivery of all related activities.
· Ensure & promote the application of NOC HSE and Safety Engineering rules and specifications.
· Promote safety culture within the Geomatics department and ensure Contractors comply at all times with safety rules.
· Pursue within the Geomatics department the HSE objectives defined by the line management.
· Develop staff safety awareness by anomalies reporting plus attendance at NOC HSE events.
· Ensure the successful planning, execution, monitoring, and close out of Geomatics projects,
under the guidance of the Company Senior Surveyor. To include the management of scope,
stakeholders, time, resources, communication, cost, integration, risk, quality and procurement.
· Responsible for hydrographic / topographic, rig move and general positioning scopes of work, procedures and consultant selection under the guidance of the Company Senior Surveyor.
· QA/QC of the survey contractor's deliverables and provide feedback to the Company Senior
· Ensure Contractor's QHS&E Management Systems are implemented including reporting
· Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with internal stakeholders, partners and contractors as required.
· Evaluate internal customers' requirements and provide the optimum solution to support their objectives.
· Assist with the provision of Offshore Site Representatives for survey operations.
· Provide input into the preparation of project related cartographic products.
· Assist with spot audits of topographic/hydrographic survey vessels and operations.
· Follow Company HSE expectations and make timely reports of all incidents.
· Report to the Head of Geomatics with particular attention to decisions impacting all GEOM activities.
· Maintain an awareness of new technologies and working methods in the field of Geomatics.
· Education: BSc in Surveying or equivalent. MSc in Geomatics or related degree is an advantage.
· Professional experience: Minimum of 5 year's Offshore E&P experience of hydrographic /
topographic surveys, rig moves and construction projects in the capacity of Party Chief.
· Basic knowledge of QHS&E Management Systems is required.
· Basic user of a variety of drafting and visualization applications including but not limited to
AutoCAD, Fledermaus and Surfer.
· Project management skills: PMI or PRINCE is an advantage.
· Behavioral competencies: Strong communication and collaborative skills. Proactive logical
mindset. Takes initiatives and makes decisions.
· Other competencies: Proficient in written and spoken technical English.