Lead Mine Planner / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Permanent - 12 months|
Our client, a global mining operator, has an emphasis on strong cultural values with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development with a reputation for embracing diversity and developing people's long term potential and careers.
About the role
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will lead and develop mine plans and schedules within set parameters from mine designs, operational constraints and business objectives to ensure that the project is presented with safe, achievable and cost-efficient options for consideration in mine development.
This is offered as a 12 month fixed term opportunity.
- Establish, own and audit the processes required for short term to long term mine planning scenario options.
- Ensure all planning related risks are effectively understood and mitigated, enabling the sustainable optimisation of planned production
- Develop Life of Mine plans and schedules against safety, efficiency and cost efficiency incorporating required input for mine scenario plans
- Provide technical expertise into long-term planning to establish the life of the project to ensure safe mining operations within legislative guidelines
- Creation of monthly, quarterly and annual plans
- Ensure compliance to, and monitor effectiveness of Mine Plans
- Reconcile plans to practical considerations and re-calibrate where necessary
- Mining equipment simulation and scenario planning
- Scheduling, planning and monitoring of the surface works and rehabilitation program
- Tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- High degree of ability and demonstrated competency in Project Management and delivery of major mining and infrastructure projects
- High degree of competency in managing and leading multi-discipline relationships and teams
- Proven delivery of mine projects within time, scope, and schedule as well as successful operational outcomes
- Underground coal mine planning, scheduling, and operational experience
- Broad mine planning experience in operations, Engineering, Asset Management and Design/Drafting
- Diverse experience in engineering, scheduling, and CAD design within related industries such as the processing, civil, transport or logistics industries will be viewed favourably
- High level of leadership, self- accountability and relationship building ability
- Strong commercial bias with the ability to adapt to new constraints and expectations
- Statutory underground coal qualifications would be highly regarded