Contract: Legal Counsel / AustraliaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
We are seeking an experienced Legal Counsel to join a global and leading oil and gas operator. In this role you will be responsible to provide legal services relating to the procurement of goods and services for the Project and other Australian operations ensuring the Company's interests are protected. This role will be offered initially as a 12 month contract to start in mid January, based in Perth CBD.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Legal support for the procurement of goods and services, including drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts.
* Ensure all contracts are negotiated within an acceptable legal framework.
* Provide support to procurement function including updating standard contracts and procedures.
* Management of procurement contract claims.
* Work closely with contracts and procurement teams to ensure legally robust outcomes are achieved for the Company.
* Admission to practice law in Western Australia.
* Bachelor of Laws with at least five (5) years post-graduate experience.
* LLB or equivalent legal qualification.
Our client is a global market leader within the energy sector with projects in over 30 countries worldwide. Here in Australia, they are involved in one of the largest LNG projects with operations spanning exploration, production and downstream. Join this exciting project and be part of a world renowned company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Experienced legal practitioner with a contract law strength.
* Proven ability to manage a large workload and provide advice in a timely manner and at a consistently high level.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Australian and international contracts law.
* Strong accomplished communication and presentation skills.
* Motivated, confident, and a self- starter.