Contract: Project Control Manager / Ivory CoastClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Abidjan, Ivory Coast|
Project Execution is a key value driver. Our ability to build a terminal, establish an operational organization and secure commercial business. The objective of this position is to ensure the necessary project controls systems and measures continue to be developed, managed and operated as the project ramps up following its transition from head office to site.
The Project Controls Manager is a key project position, taking a unique cross-project view that coordinates and ensures the quality of information flows throughout the project, the health of the project is accurately monitored, and provides structured systems to support informed decision-making and successful delivery to budget, scope, time and quality.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Direct and drive the development and maintenance of the overall integrated project progressed and baseline schedules, in compliance with standards.
* Lead and support the development of high level 'what-if' scenario planning in support of project decision-making.
* Oversee the performance of suppliers (from a schedule, risk, change and cost perspective).
* Implement and manage the cost estimating and estimating approach, being accountable for the provision of time-phased project cost data, including VOWD, EAC and ETC.
* Drive the Change Management process.
* Support the development of Earned Value metrics as required.
* Support the integration and management of the resolution of issues between work streams.
* Ensure all project progress metrics are defined and maintained to provide the project's management team with accurate performance and forecasting information.
* Ensure project risk management processes is in place and adding value.
* Develop reporting materials for internal and external stakeholders.
* Maintain and optimise documentation management approaches for the project, in line with standards
* Support the project's compliance to the gate review methodology.
* Undertake technical project controls training to the project team.
Reporting and scope:
* The reporting line will be to the Managing Director * Functional reporting line to HQ (Head of PMO) * The project planner reports directly to the Project Controls Manager
Critical qualifications / skills / experience
* Degree qualified in a technical or project management-based discipline is desired. * Project management qualification / certification is preferable.
* Ideally the candidate has had 10-15 years of relevant project delivery experience, showing increased responsibilities and having direct working experience in the main project controls areas (i.e. scheduling, risk management, cost etc).
* Minimum 7 years of specific project controls multi-disciplined experience (scheduling, risk management, cost engineering, document management and change management).
* English and French language fluency.
* Preferably contractor management experience.
* Primavera scheduling software experience * MS Office * Experience with Electronic Data Management/Document Control system ? Skills * Organisational agility * Strong personality - able to work with and comfortable in challenging all personnel at all levels within organisations. * Technically minded - able to comprehend technical approaches and concepts and to articulate these to a wider audience. * Strong planning skills and high analytical capability. * Hands-on * Disciplined. * Strong communicator * Able to build strong working relationships with stakeholders. * Results oriented * Resourceful