Contract: Desktop Support Technician II / USA
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
Job Title: IT - Infrastructure - Desktop Support Technician II
Assignment Scope: Description:
The primary focus of the PC Deskside Support Analyst is to provide desktop support to end users in the Houston, Tx offices as well as several remote employees. You will be the first point of contact for all requests concerning network, hardware, software or other end-user related issues. You will be expected to take ownership of user issues, provide timely and exceptional customer service for all levels of staff, both on-site and remote users.
You will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure, as well as ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values; enabling staff, clients, and vendors.
The Infrastructure Support Analyst may be responsible for:
* Provide Tier 1 and 2 level support to local and remote users
* Analyze, assist, manage, document and lead efforts into resolving end user problems related to their PC needs.
* Performs on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of mobile device issues.
* Setup computer systems for new users and provide training and consultation on access to company systems including office applications, one drive, and communication apps.
* Ensure all end-user equipment is kept up to date with security patches and feature upgrades
* Supply or assist in remote troubleshooting and application support
* Assist or perform PC builds, delivery and installation or repairs
* Assist with support of multifunction office printers and plotters
* Participates in staff meetings, conference calls, and other meetings, as needed.
* Maintains accurate information and data regarding end user problems
* Participates in inventory tracking to ensure items are properly tagged and accounted for
* Make recommendations and implement enhancements for increased uptime, performance and reliability
* Assist with the support of the IP based phone systems
* Frequent interaction with multiple IT support personnel in Bartlesville and Houston
* Availability to help manage small to medium projects for the region
* Performs other incidental and related duties as required
* Associate degree in computer science or a related field or the equivalent education and/or 3+ years' experience working in a Help Desk / User Support environment required
* Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and clients through e-mail, skype, teams, or updating notes in the ticketing system
* Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones, projects, timelines and service level agreements (SLA's) efficiently
* Basic PC hardware repairs, OS installation on desktops and laptops
* Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Cloud end user setup
* Some travel may be required
* Comfortable working with different IT support teams to troubleshoot issues
* Able to lift computer equipment that weighs up to 30 lbs. from the floor and safely carry up 2 flights of stairs.
* Bend, stoop, crawl under tables/desks to connect needed wiring.
* Able to bend to pick up equipment and load pull a cart. Individual item may weigh up to 30 lbs.
* Able to push/pull equipment on a cart of up to 100 lbs.
* Able to climb 4 flights of stairs to get to offices
* Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science
* Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
* Knowledge of a broad range of technologies including WAN/LAN, COE Desktop, Core Business Applications, and Desktop Products
* Ability to give presentations to small or medium size groups
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct customer interaction
* Ability to work well with local and global teams
* Willingness to continually learn
* Ability to champion change
* ServiceNow ticket system
* Some Mac OS experience
* Experience with Smartphones, particularly, Apple IOS devices
* Experience with Plotters
* Available for after-hours (call-out) support of critical infrastructure issues