Contract: Operations First Line Supervisor I / USAClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Oregon County, USA|
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
This position is located in Portland, Oregon
12 month contract with possibility of direct hire
Manage day to day operations and maintenance at the Portland RDC.
A First Line Supervisor (FLS) responsible for managing the day to day operations of 3 client Sr. Terminal Operators and 2 Contract Operators. Operations include bulk truck loading and unloading, railcar unloading, laboratory activities, and warehouse operations. This supervisor will also be responsible for coordinating and scheduling maintenance activities for the site, writing work permits for maintenance and capital projects, and updating Work Procedures. This supervisor will play a key role in operator development and will utilize the site's behavior based safety program (LPS) to achieve safe business results. This supervisor will be expected to identify efficiency opportunities over time and execute projects to capture those efficiencies as part of continuous improvement.
Supervises personnel, may include coordination of contractors, to deliver safe, reliable and profitable operations in assigned operating units (fields, plants, manufacturing, terminaling, pipelines, warehousing, offices, etc.). Demonstrates applicable Operations and Maintenance skills appropriate to job position. Demonstrates leadership, communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups.
Typical Job Positions may include: Production Supervisor, Operations Supervisor, Lubricants Production Supervisor, Tenant Services Supervisor, Transportation Supervisor, Residential Supervisor, Field Supervisor, Pipeline Field Operations Supervisor.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensures that all personnel meet applicable personnel and process safety, security, health, and environment (Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) ) requirements.
* Oversees contractor work activities, ensuring they work in a manner consistent with contractual requirements and Company expectations.
* Ensures that all activities are in compliance with applicable Company management systems (e.g., Operations Integrity Management System (OIMS), Controls Integrity Management System (CIMS), Global Product Quality Management System (GPQMS)/Global Product Integrity Management System (GPIMS).
* Ensures compliance with all corporate, local and legal requirements and regulatory standards (SSHE, Controls, Brand/Product Integrity) and customers' expectations.
* Accountable for maintaining high levels of unit or work reliability, cost effective operations, and/or product movements to generate cash/profits for the company.
* Manages within the budget, identifies and captures efficiencies and prioritizes work commitments.
* Coordinates the deployment of personnel and all work activities in the field operational unit under his/her responsibility.
* Plans, coordinates, and executes the optimization of field/plant assets, manpower, and logistics.
* Oversee emergency response contingency plans and activity implementation.
* Where applicable, ensure customers' needs are met.
* Maybe responsible for managing labor relations within assigned area.
* Maybe responsible for Community relations covering assigned area.
* Maybe responsible for supervising Turnaround (TA) and/or Start Up Teams.
* Understands appropriate agreements within area of responsibility in order to ensure compliance to contractual and operating standards and key interface to deliver requirements of the specific position.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Behavioral Skills: effective communication, courage of conviction, sound decision-making, risk management
* Functional Skills: SSHE management - operations and maintenance, managing critical operations, operations - specific technology and unit or are, console knowledge - general and specific unit, process planning and mechanical coordination, operations planning/improvement, managing critical maintenance activities, maintenance scheduling, maintenance management
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering within discipline or equivalent professional experience
* Minimum 5 years' experience in a production discipline
* Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications