Contract: Project Assistant / USA
|Duration:||Contract - 12 months|
This is a 12 month contract
Offshore project experience highly preferred
The Offshore Project Assistant position will be based in the Houston offices in The Woodlands and on a limited bases in West Houston for up to 40 months. The position will report directly to the Offshore Delivery Manager. The selected individual will support the Offshore Delivery Team by performing various duties related to generation of technical documentation, travel management, meeting organization, and other tasks that support day to day business activities.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in a technical industry, the Oil and Gas industry is preferred, with strong IT skills and experience in offshore construction and operations a plus. The successful candidate will be required to have specific experience and expertise in the following areas:
* Must be a team player and enjoy a fast-paced work environment
* Proven technical communication skills, both written and verbal
* Proactive and motivated problem solver with the ability to manage multiple requests from multiple team members
* Must be able to plan, prioritize and organize work
* Sufficiently independent and enjoy helping others complete tasks
* Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
* Advanced knowledge of software such as Word, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint, etc.
* Familiarity with offshore construction/operations and typical oil company processes
Responsibilities include as a minimum:
* Creation and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets
* Design and generate technical reports and presentations
* Drafting technical and non-technical memos
* Maintain and organize project files, documents, etc.
* Prepare a variety of presentations and reports including weekly/monthly department status updates, project meeting notes and expense reports
* Marshal reservations, visas, and other travel arrangements for offshore staff and assist in tracking individual's travel schedule and locations
* Familiarize self with corporate planning tools and gain navigational knowledge
* Schedule, facilitate and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, conferences and other internal and external events
* Assist and complete routine data entry, formatting of documentation and correspondence
* Desire and ability to learn new processes to support the Team
* Provide seamless technical administrative and general office support
High School or GED and relevant experience required as a minimum
Fluent oral and written knowledge of English. Portuguese is a plus.
Standard work week.