Contract: Quantity Surveyor / Qatar
This job has expired or may no longer be taking applications, but other similar jobs are available.
- QS Diploma.
- Relevant years of project experience.
- Exposure to EPC projects (engineering home office and field construction sites) beneficial.
- Experience working in multicultural environments desirable facilities.
- Help monitor project costs by accurate measurement of the work required on a regular basis by applying expert knowledge of costs and prices of work, labour, materials and plant required.
- Coordinate with cost and contract administration to update in accordance with a published Standard Method of Measurement (SMM) – or Rules of Credit
- Develop a Quantity Surveying Procedure addressing units of measure, level of detail, frequency, deliverables, etc.
- Measure and support evaluation of variations by reference to appropriate BOQs and rates.
- Work with Cost Engineers to ensure variations are managed in accordance with the Project Management of Change Procedures.
- Assist in preparing estimates for trends and the Project Management of Change Procedure.
- Monitor progress of the work by interfacing with planning engineers.
- Provide quantity surveying support for technical verification of progress payment applications and recommend payments; prepare recommendations for interim payments, accrual payments, post-contract cost control and final accounts.
- Assist Cost Engineers to calculate and validate Value of Work Done (VOWD).
- Assist Cost Engineers and Planning Engineers in developing final cost and schedule forecasts.
- Provide analyses and advice on contractual claims for progress payments, additional work, and close-out.
- Support audits for final re-measurement and close out of quantities as installed prior to completion as applicable.
- Ensure measurement data is properly received, documented, and stored, in both hard and soft copies and available for audit.
- Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures.
- Works in an evolving business environment where expansion opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis adding additional complexity and workload to the existing project environment.
- This requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, and self-confidence.
- Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Able to work moderately complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff
- Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
How to Apply
© All rights reserved, 2001 - 2020