Contract: Quantity Surveyor Specialist / Qatar
|Duration:||Contract - 1 year|
* This position is required to support Business functions of change control, Value of Work Done, invoice verification and cost forecasting. This position is also required to maintain a data base to manage bill of quantities and MTOs. This activity includes transferring the MTOs provided by Engineering to the BOQs, providing quantity benchmarking and reporting, validating, managing, and re-measuring the developed design quantities in order to support calculation of the Lump Sum price.
Reporting and Relationships * Report to ESW Project Control Head
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Job Purpose:
This position is required to support Business functions of change control, Value of Work Done, invoice verification and cost forecasting. This position is also required to maintain a data base to manage bill of quantities and MTOs. This activity includes transferring the MTOs provided by Engineering to the BOQs, providing quantity benchmarking and reporting, validating, managing, and re-measuring the developed design quantities in order to support calculation of the Lump Sum price.
Site Quantity Surveyors will be mainly responsible for validating the installed total (forecast at completion) quantities, and validating quantities for change requests from contractors.
The interface of Site Quantity Surveyors for validating the installed quantities can be summarised as follows:
Similarly the interface of Site Quantity Surveyors for the cost forecasting can be summarised as
Quantity Surveyors Duties;
* Help monitor project costs by accurate measurement of the work required on a regular basis by applying expert knowledge of costs and prices of work, labour, materials and plant required.
* Coordinate with cost and contract administration to update BOQ's in accordance with a published Standard Method of Measurement (SMM) - or Rules of Credit
* Develop a Quantity Surveying Procedure addressing units of measure, level of detail, frequency, deliverables, etc.
* Monitor drawing revisions and validate CONTRACTOR re- measures in the BOQs
* Measure and support evaluation of CONTRACTOR variations by reference to appropriate BOQs and rates
* Work with Cost Engineers to ensure CONTRACTOR variations are managed in accordance with the Project Management of Change Procedures
3. Operating Environment, Framework and Boundaries:
* Works in a project environment in which the incumbent strives to achieve best in class Safety, Health, Environmental & Security performance by creating a culture that encourages everyone to perform their best every day on every task
* Works in a highly visible project environment with large capital expenditures and significant schedule execution pressures
* Works in an evolving business environment where expansion opportunities are being identified on a continuous basis adding additional complexity and workload to the existing project environment.
4. Communications and Working Relationships:
* Interfaces among various project teams, departments and Contractor personnel on issues relating to the position. This requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
* Exhibits team leadership skills, integrity, interpersonal understanding, and self-confidence.
6. Problem Solving/Complexity:
* Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
* Able to work moderately complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff
* Participates in the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
7. Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
* Able to work within a defined role with limited supervision.
* Able to make decisions and solve problems related to a specific discipline/field.
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
Qualifications * QS Diploma.
Knowledge and/or Experience
* Five (5) years project experience.
* Exposure to EPC projects (engineering home office and field construction sites) beneficial
* Experience working in multicultural environments desirable.
Technical and Business Skills * Good analytical skills. Experience of contract interpretation and administration beneficial
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.