Project Controls Manager / Ivory CoastClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Location:||Abidjan, Ivory Coast|
Purpose of the role
The objective of this position is to ensure the necessary project controls systems and measures continue to be developed, managed and operated as the project ramps up following its transition from head office to site.
The Project Controls Manager is a key project position, taking a unique cross-project view that coordinates and ensures the quality of information flows throughout the project, the health of the project is accurately monitored, and provides structured systems to support informed decision-making and successful delivery to budget, scope, time and quality.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
* Direct and drive the development and maintenance of the overall integrated project progressed and baseline schedules, in compliance with company standards.
* Lead and support the development of high level 'what-if' scenario planning in support of project decision-making.
* Oversee the performance of suppliers (from a schedule, risk, change and cost perspective).
* Implement and manage the cost estimating and estimating approach, being accountable for the provision of time-phased project cost data, including VOWD, EAC and ETC.
* Drive the Change Management process.
* Support the development of Earned Value metrics as required.
* Support the integration and management of the resolution of issues between workstreams.
* Ensure all project progress metrics are defined and maintained to provide the project's management team with accurate performance and forecasting information.
* Ensure project risk management processes is in place and adding value.
* Develop reporting materials for internal and external stakeholders.
* Maintain and optimise documentation management approaches for the project, in line with company standards
* Support the project's compliance to the gate review methodology.
* Undertake technical project controls training to the project team.
* Degree qualified in a technical or project management-based discipline is desired.
* Project management qualification / certification is preferable.
* Ideally the candidate has had 10-15 years of relevant project delivery experience, showing increased responsibilities and having direct working experience in the main project controls areas (i.e. scheduling, risk management, cost etc).
* Minimum 7 years of specific project controls multi-disciplined experience (scheduling, risk management, cost engineering, document management and change management).
* English language fluency. French language preferable
* Preferably contractor management experience.
* Primavera scheduling software experience
* MS Office
* Experience with Electronic Data Management/Document Control system