Contract: Marine Construction Onsite Representative / CanadaClick here to shortlist this job 1-CLICK Apply With Employer or Register Now
|Duration:||Contract - 18 months|
OBJECTIVES / RESPOSIBILITIES
The Construction OSR is the owner's site representative responsible for providing day to day guidance and input to the General Works Contractors. The OSR will be the owner's eyes and ears at the work face to ensure safe execution of the work programs. The primary responsibilities of the OSR will be the active participation in daily contractor meetings including tool box talks, job hazard analysis, field level work plans, safe work permitting, etc. and then ensuring the objectives of the above items are being safely executed at the work sites.
In addition to this, the Construction OSR is responsible for ensuring an approved quality plan is in place and is being complied with and recorded in a timely manner.
As with all members of the OSP Construction Team it is imperative the OSR truly believes in and demonstrates behaviors aligned with Shell's core values of respect, intervention and compliance.
* A construction professional with a minimum of 15 years site experience
* Strong contractor interface skills including leadership in the area of HSSE performance
* A track record of successfully and safely overseeing completion of projects
* Proven experience working within integrated construction teams
* Experience working on marine construction projects
* Experience in piling, concrete pre-cast and cast-in-place works, building construction, and brownfield utility tie-ins
The Construction OSR will report to the Terminal A Extension Project Manager. The Construction OSR is expected to coach and help develop capabilities of junior Construction OSR's.
As a team they will interface directly with Contractor Construction Management, HSSE, Quality and Engineering. The OSR will also be responsible for interfacing with all contractors and subcontractors on the work site.
WORK ROTATION / SHIFT
* As needed to meet project requirements, normally 14x7 (days on / days off)
* Flexible rotations available for local hires
* This is a camp based position with potential for use of Company condominium
* The shift is 10 hours per day, additional as requested/approved by the Terminal A Extension Project Manager
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI'S) AND TARGETS
o Demonstrates every day behaviors aligned with respect for people
o Believes in and works as a team member and promotes team behaviors
o Influence the objectives of no LTI's and no recordable Environmental incidents
o Work with Contractor to achieve a TRCF of less than 1.9 per million hours
o 100% of the site workforce sees the OSR as a leader in HSSE behaviors
o Is actively engaged in the Inspection Test Plans (ITP's) and the execution of them
o Takes action to ensure quality issues are closed out in a timely manner
o Is flexible to work within Contractor Quality Management System
o Understands the importance of planning the work and executing the plan
o Helps achieve safe production targets on the work sites and does not take shortcuts
o Track productivity of scheduled activities, and reasons for delays
o Identifies cost savings opportunities and communicates them to the Contractor for performance in lump sum contract
o Track resources deployed at each of the work sites, and drive best practices in preventative maintenace